33 - "I'm Leaving."

Isabella's POV

Two days past by, and Austin still hadn't returned from where ever the hell he went. Once I had called Scarlet, she had come over with Conner and Carter, where I explained everything, and how he had ran off to God knows where. 

Conner told me that it was quite normal for Austin to go away for a few days when he got real pissed off at something, which wasn't much help to me. . . Austin literally told me that I could keep his entire house and everything else he owned because he didn't need it anymore. . . How was I supposed to take that?

Carter on the other hand was much better help than Conner, telling me that he would go out and look for Austin since he had turned his phone off already and wouldn't answer any of us. He mentioned that he would check out some of the safe houses they had, maybe Austin went to one of those places, which were a few hours away from Houston, to many different States, all the way to many different countries. 

I had decided to stay in Austin's house, mostly because I had a bit of hope left in me that he would come back. . . I didn't know when but I planned to find out, no matter how long it took. We obviously weren't on the same page here, and I wasn't planning on leaving him without a proper explanation. 

Yeah he picked his lifestyle over me, and I had to let him know that it was okay, but now I had to pick me over our relationship. Take a small break to get my life in check. I couldn't let him support me financially, we weren't even married yet, and I was already living in his house. Most importantly, I could not rely on him to be there, because what if he was the reason for my tears? I needed some time to myself, a get away like he had taken, but it was driving me crazy about not knowing where he was. . . Is this how Austin felt when I drove him crazy?

So yeah, here I was sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing just like these past two days had gone by. Every morning I woke up went down stairs, made myself a simple breakfast then just sat down on the couch, maybe watch some television, or scroll through my phone on Tumblr. All I could wait for was Austin's return so we could get this whole thing over with. But that was the problem . . . I didn't know when he would come back, so it just made everything ten times harder. . . what if he never comes back? . .What if he just left the country. . . what if he left me. . .for good this time. . .

The doorknob jiggled making me jump out of my thoughts as I stared at the door waiting for Scarlet to come inside as my phone beeped letting me know that Scarlet had just sent me a text. . .

Well it couldn't be Conner, or Carter because they would've called me and let me know beforehand. . . and no one couldn't get inside the premises without the gate code. Austin had some top notch security outside his house just for some safety. . . that only left one option. . .

Super Cool Scarlet: Hey I forgot I promised Andrew that I'd go out with a coffee date with him, is that alright with you if I drop by later tonight?? If not I can tell him we can go out another time. xx

I shot her a quick text back telling her it was cool with me and for her to have fun.

I think I might've just found Austin.

Hiding behind the couch I saw the door slowly open and as I expected. . . Austin stepped in. . .He searched around the house probably looking around for me before he shut the door behind himself and walked him kicking off his shoes. His right hand was curled around his left bicep as a white cloth was damped in his blood. He had a black eye, and a little gash above his right eyebrow. A purple bruise was on his upper right arm. Austin reached behind his head throwing his shirt off, as I noticed a dark bruise forming around his rib-cage area. . .what the hell did he do to himself out there. . .what the fuck happened. . .

Deciding to reveal myself I stood up, quietly whispering his name. Of course Mr. Know-It-All already knew I was there and didn't bother to turn around to face me, nor did he acknowledge my existence. He simply carried on with what ever the fuck he was trying to do pretending he didn't see me. 

I followed him into the bathroom where I found him searching through his cabinets looking for something. He pulled out an Arnica ointment putting some of the gel paste onto his rib-cage as he sucked in his cheeks at the tenderness of his body. 

My footsteps were calm, and collected as I made my way towards him gently taking the cream out of his hands as I silently rubbed it onto his bruised spots. My eyes wandered to the gash on his bicep as I saw some dried up blood along the cloth. Austin stood there with his fists clenched, and his jaw locked. My fingers ran up to his now swollen black eye as he flinched at my cool touch. Gently caressing the skin as he took in a sharp breath of air. Twisting the cap on the Arnica ointment my eyebrows furrowed at his stiff posture. I walked around him to put the ointment back into the cabinet. 

My hand reached out to grab his hand as I led him to the toilet seat making him sit down on top of it as I perched myself onto the white counter top. I unwrapped the white cloth bandage he had put on himself temporarily. Taking a quick glance at his face I noticed him staring down at the floor. . . he was still mute. . . well that's new. . . usually he's very temperamental when it comes to me.

I pulled out the anti-bacterial wipes I had gotten from the cabinet and softly pressed it against his wound making him flex his bicep to ignore the stinging feeling of the alcohol. 

"I'm sorry. . ." I whispered, as I noticed him rolling his eyes with an attitude. 

Choosing to ignore his brattyness, I cleaned his wound up noticing it wasn't too deep for stitches. I had taken a medical course in high school and was currently taking one in college as well for an extra curricular activity. 

We both sat there in silence for about five minutes, before I decided to speak up and ruin our last moment that I'd recall. . .

"I'll go and get you some ice for your black eye." I informed Austin, slipping off of the counter but got stopped as he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. 

He met my eyes for the first time since he came back and told me something that I never wanted to hear. . .

"I'm leaving. . .to Italy. . .for two years, Isabella." Austin informed me as my heart dropped. . .he's leaving me. . .he's finally had enough of me, and he's finally fucking leaving me once and for all. . .

[9/16/16 oh shit that plot twist fdksfjds surprise bitches! I'm still cringing from this book idk why people read this mess fkjdsfsd]

Until next Time,

-xoxo, A