34 - "Just In Case If I Don't Get To See You Again."

Isabella's POV

"What?!" I exclaimed looking down at Austin incredulously. So he comes home after missing for a few days, he's fucking injured, and now he's fucking leaving for Italy. . .for two fucking years

"I went to Giovanni and Lorenzo's house. I caught them with one of my dad's partners. He was right, they were trying to do something to sabotage him. I don't know the full story, but they were working together on something. Things got too heated, and Giovanni and I got into a fight." Austin informed me in a soft tone. 

"What does that have anything to do with you moving half way across the fucking world?!" I bit the inside of my cheek in frustration. . . why was he doing this to me. . .

"Gio, and Lorenzo have uncovered a secret from my past. I have to leave immediately, the states aren't safe for me anymore. If word gets out about something that should've been buried in the past everything my dad has built for not only himself but for generations to come will come crashing down. I have no choice." He brought my hand up to his cheek and held it there with his own hand. 

"What did you do?" I swallowed the lump in my throat, an uneasy feeling at the pit of my stomach began to rise. 

"There are somethings that I am not able to tell you Isabella. . . please understand that." His thumb caressed my hand as I nodded silently. My mind was playing games with me, and suddenly I couldn't stop myself, as I now sat down on his lap, clinging to him trying to wrap my body around his as he tightly embraced me back. I cried into his chest feeling his chest moving up and down as he winced when my thigh  wrapped a bit too tight around his rib cage area. 

"Hey stop crying, it's okay. You shouldn't even be the one crying. The only thing that's gonna change is not being able to see me anymore. You won't have to be treated like shit. You can move on, find the man of your dreams. Someone who can treat you better than I could." He laughed as if he were telling a joke, making me want to cry harder. 

"You could live in a nice cute little house, get married, have two or four kids because I know you hate odd numbers. Get a small golden retriever puppy named. . ." He paused waiting for my answer, as I sniffled.

"Daisy." I mumbled into his chest as he chuckled softly, and rubbed my back. 

"A golden retriever named Daisy. . . alright, and you could just be happy, and stress-free basically. You wouldn't have to worry about me coming home, -or worry about me getting hurt." He said, his voice cracking between a few words. 

"But whoever this lucky man happens to be, just know that I'll take him out in a matter of seconds if he hurts you." Austin continued ruffling my hair that was cascading down my back. 

"You know," I began, my voice being croaky making me clear my throat. 

"I was supposed to be really angry at you, I was supposed to leave you but you left me. . .you're leaving me. . ." I laid my head onto his left shoulder. 

"I don't know whether I'm furious at the fact that you're leaving me or the fact that you basically in a way cheated on me just because of your stupid job! Or the fact that you're trying to create a fucking perfect scenario of me with another guy who's not you!" I breathed angrily as I heard him sigh softly when my nose nudged his neck.