*Three

Chapter Three - The First Day

Chloe's POV

Caleb, Markus and I walked towards the university together, and we bonded way quicker than I thought.

By the end of our short walk, I felt like I'd known them for months.

Caleb and I were laughing at a joke Markus had told us as we walked inside, and a lot of people looked up at us in surprise.

The room, except for Caleb and I, was completely silent.

We stopped laughing, masking the noise behind a cough. Markus began laughing at our actions and pulled us back out of the building.

The three of us began to laugh hysterically once we were back outside.

"We walked into a meeting!" Markus cried, covering his face with his hands.

"Awkward..." Caleb replied, his laughs dying down. "Come on, we're probably missing some boring stuff."

"Can't be missing that." I stated, following them back inside.

"Sit down, you three." The lecturer stated when we walked back in. We did as he said, sitting beside each other. "As I was saying, this university will be your home for the next two years, so listen to what I tell you to ensure your time here is educational and not a waste of our time."

---

When we got back into the apartment, we all sat down on the sofa and sighed.

"That was one long, boring lecture-slash-meeting." I stated, closing my eyes.

"Uh-huh." Caleb agreed. He was sat next to me.

"There will be plenty more where that came from, too. It's not just me that has a bad headache now, though, is it?" Markus added after a pause.

"No - I have a headache too." Caleb replied.

"Yeah, there's too much information and rules and regulations for my brain to handle." I responded.

"Tell me about it." Caleb sighed.

I lost track of time as we sat there, and at some point, I fell asleep. It had been a long day.

---

Caleb's POV

I opened my eyes and glanced across after a while to see Chloe asleep beside me.

"Markus, I forgot..." I told Markus quietly. He knew what I meant.

He is a werewolf and I am a vampire, and we know each other from a long time ago - a time I'd rather forget. I didn't know he'd be here. I didn't know he'd dig up memories I had buried long ago.

"None of us did. And I know you didn't, either." He replied, his eyes still closed.

"I tried to." I shot back. "But I can't forget when you're here, you'll be reminding me of it every day for two years."

"You're spending a long time forgetting, Caleb. One hundred years and counting, am I right?"

"One hundred years exactly." I replied. "No contact with anyone from my past, until now. Thanks for ruining my record. I could have carried on another fifty without you."

"You wouldn't have come back at all - you're passionate about keeping hidden. But you miss me really." He smiled.

"Really?" I answered. "Whatever - just hide the truth from Chloe until we can trust her. You know all too well what happens when we tell too soon."

He nodded.

"Oh, and I'm not your friend, idiot." I said, smiling when he glared at me.

"You traitor."

Closing my eyes, I fell asleep almost immediately. These would be two very long, tedious years.

Little did I know that these two years would also be the most eventful, memorable and remarkable years of my entire, never-ending existence.