*Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three - Clear Intentions

Chloe's POV

"So?" I asked my parents. "What do you think of them?"

"They're so cute!" My mum almost shrieked, eyes bright with happiness. "I've known him for little over an hour, and I already think Caleb is better than any of your past boyfriends. And Markus is just adorable."

My dad smiled. "Your mother's right - he seems like a decent boy, and we both officially approve of him." My dad was the type of father who was hard to please when it came to boys, and he was extremely protective, so it took a lot for him to 'approve', as he put it, of my boyfriends (not that I'd had many). For Caleb to get onto his good side in just an hour was definitely a record-breaker.

I grinned. "So you like him?"

"Of course we do!" My mum stated. "We have to go and check on your brother and sister. I'll let you know how they are. Oh, and tell Caleb and Markus we said bye! Work hard, be safe, come home soon. I love you!" She hugged me, and I returned it. Then, I hugged my dad.

"See you soon!" I responded, letting them out.

Once they'd gone, I sat down and sighed, checking the time on my phone. 6:47PM.

After a brief pause, I went around the apartment, drawing curtains and turning lights off. It had been a long day, and I had a bad headache. All I wanted to do was sleep - I had a lecture early in the morning to reintroduce us back to the scheme of work, meaning I'd have to get up really early if I was going to make it on time.

The front door opened just as I sat back down, and Markus and Caleb walked inside, closing the door behind them and locking it.

"Anything interesting happen?" I asked.

"You could say that." Caleb replied. "Guess who we ran into."

"Daniel?" I guessed.

"I wish." Markus commented.

"Milly." Caleb corrected.

My eyebrows rose. "Milly?" I repeated. "I thought she left..."

"So did we, until she decided to show up in the middle of the town centre." He replied, sitting down next to me.

"What did she want?"

"No idea. There wasn't really a structure to what she said." He glanced at Markus. "What did she want?"

"To irritate us? Because it definitely worked." Markus replied.

Caleb laughed. He stared at me for a few moments, his laughter dying down. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing."

He briefly shared a look with Markus, then turned to face me again. "Nothing means something. Nothing means I should be worried. What's wrong?"

I sighed, closing my eyes. "I have a headache and I'm tired, but I can't go to sleep because it's only seven, and I have to get up early to go to a lecture, and then I have to meet up with Lily somewhere in the town, then I need to go makeup shopping because my concealer and mascara is running out, and I can't go without concealer and mascara. I just can't. And I have a stomach ache, which can only mean one thing, and I'm not emotionally prepared to deal with that this week. And I'm telling this to two boys, who most likely don't have a clue what I'm on about." I paused, opening my eyes. "Okay, I think I'm done."

"All that?" He asked, hugging me from the side. I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

"I'm sure we have ice cream in the freezer, if you need it." Markus added.

I smiled, opening my eyes. "So you do know what I'm on about." I commented.

"Yeah, we know." Caleb replied. "How about we just watch TV for a few hours?"

I nodded again, and soon the three of us were all sat down watching television. I was in the same place as I was before, my head still resting on Caleb's shoulder. My eyes were closed and I was listening to the TV.

At some point, I fell asleep.

---

Caleb's POV

One Week Later...

"Boo." A familiar voice stated suddenly, making me flinch and turn around to glare at him.

"Daniel, I swear to God, if you do that again, I'm going to...cry." I trailed off, my eyebrows furrowed at my random response.

"Cry?" Markus repeated. "Hi, by the way."

"Hey," Chloe added, laughing at my reaction.

"Hello," Daniel replied. "What are you three doing out so late? Do you have other friends I don't know about?"

Chloe, Markus and I were walking through the town, and it was just after ten at night. As it was autumn, it was really cold, and got dark earlier than usual.

"Ten isn't late." Chloe stated. "Is it?"

"We've been working all day at the apartment." I explained to my brother briefly. "Why are you here?"

"I've been asked to find you."

"Lucas?" I guessed.

"Lucas." He confirmed. "Apparently, he saw Milly the other day when he was out with Lexy."

I stiffened. "Markus and I saw her last week." I told him.

"Really? What did she want?"

"No idea."

"When will she leave you alone?" He stated.

"I've been asking myself that for the past week." I responded. "Did he say what she was doing?"

"He said she looked at them but didn't do anything. She just walked off again." He paused. "You should have told us she was back. Did she do anything?"

"Yeah."

"Details."

I sighed. "I really don't want to talk about her." I told him.

"Fine, I'll drop it, but don't think Lucas will do the same." He warned. "I have to go--"

"You're not going anywhere." That all-too-familiar and irritating voice declared confidently, her voice dripping with resentment and hatred.

The four of us turned around to see her stood behind us, a knife in her strong grip. Her eyes were a dark red, and she was glaring wildly at us, a murderous and crazy glint in her eyes.

Milly was back. And, this time, her intentions were clear.

---

This is the end of Fangs, and the story continues into the sequel, Claws, which you can find on my profile. Hope to see you there!

P.S. thanks for reading the story!! I hope you like the edited and revised version of this story 😊

P.P.S. I'll also be editing Claws, too, since the story is finished. Again, the chapter titles will have an asterisk (*) once edited, and each chapter will be unpublished, then republished (is republished a word??) once the edit is complete. So, if any chapters are missing, it's because I'm editing that specific chapter.

Thanks again for reading, voting and commenting on this story!! It means so much to me <3 🙂🙂