*Flashback Three

Flashback Chapter Three - Apologies

Markus' POV (1919)

I stared down at Caleb in shock, then glanced at Maggie. "What is that? Why did it hurt him?"

She looked up at me. "It's a medalion that a good friend of mine gave me. She was a powerful witch, and I did well to befriend her. She told me to use it on anyone that posed as a threat to me or my family." She paused and glanced down at the unconscious vampire. "His eyes were black - if that wasn't threatening then I don't know what is."

"Why didn't you tell us you had it before?" Georgia asked her.

"I'm sorry for keeping it from you. But the less people that know about it, the better."

"What do we do? He doesn't want our help, should we just let him go?" Joe asked.

I shrugged. "I'd want someone to help me, if I was in his position. No matter how much I denied it."

Will nodded. "He's right. We need to do whatever we can to help him, right mum?"

"Right." Georgia replied. "Even if it means hurting him a little to do so."

"Do we tie him up?" Ben asked.

I shook my head. "Just put him back in the spare room. He should be fine there."

"We can board up the window...?" Lewis suggested.

"I don't think he'll try to get out the window." Maggie mused.

He turned his head slightly and moaned in pain.

"Quickly - before he wakes up." Georgia whispered.

I helped Lewis carry him back to the spare room and sat down on the chair next to the bed, where I had sat earlier.

"Do you want me to stay in the room?" Lewis asked.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine."

"I really am sorry about last night, Markus. What we did was wrong and I accept that. I'll try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again."

I nodded. "Thanks, Lewis."

He smiled and left the room, closing the door.

---

Caleb's POV (1919)

I opened my eyes and glanced around the room. My gaze landed on Markus and I went to move away from him.

"Hey," He murmured.

"Please don't hurt me - I'm sorry, I don't know what happened to me..." I answered quickly, sitting up and staring at him with wide eyes.

"That's okay." He replied. "Your eyes turned black."

"Black?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowed. He nodded. "Did I hurt anyone?"

"No," He answered.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Good." I paused. "How did you stop me?"

He hesitated. "I'm not sure if I should tell you."

"I really need to get out of here." I told him. "I don't want to hurt anyone."

"We'd rather have you try to hurt us than actually killing innocent humans from the town." Georgia spoke up and I turned to face her in a heartbeat. The door was open slightly and she was stood next to it. "You didn't know what you were doing?"

I shook my head. "Please let me go." I stated desperately. I needed blood.

"We can help you." She stated.

"Let me go." I shot back. "I appreciate you trying to help me, but you can't. I don't know what's going on..."

"We know how to stop it! All we have to do, if it happens again, is put the medallion on you."

"The what?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowed. I looked at Markus. "What medallion?"

"It hurts anyone that's a threat to us." He explained briefly.

I looked back at Georgia. "That only stops it temporarily. My father'll know how to stop it - just let me go."

"I can't do that." She replied. "Not until you--"

I was in front of her in an instant. She stopped talking abruptly and stepped backwards in shock.

"Until I what?" I demanded. "Why are you keeping me here?!"

She didn't answer me, so I walked past her and towards the front door. I opened it and stepped out, glancing behind me.

"Let us help you." Georgia stated. She was behind me, in the doorway.

I shook my head and ran into the forest, disappearing from view in an instant.

I heard them run out of the house and try to follow me, and I sped up.

I wasn't focusing on where I was going - I was completely focused on the werewolves.

I turned my attention to where I was going a second too late, and I collided with someone.

I gasped in pain as we collided and fell backwards.

"Caleb...?" The voice asked.

I sat up and glared at him.

"Who are you running from?" Daniel asked.

"You." I replied. I ignored the hand he offered me and stood up by myself.

"Look, I--"

"I don't want to hear it." I cut him off. "Just leave me alone."

"Where'd you go?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and began walking. He quickly fell into step with me. "Nowhere. I didn't go anywhere."

"That isn't possible. Where did you go?" He responded.

I stopped and glared at him. "Why did you do it?"

He hesitated. "Because..." Sighing, he looked away. "She deserved it."

I felt my eyes turn red as I frowned at him. "I hate you."

"You've said." He answered.

"I'm serious, Daniel. I hate you." I stated, more confident. "Stay away from me and never talk to me again."

"Look, I'll give you some time to calm down."

"Leave me alone." I stated angrily.

He sighed, nodded and disappeared.

"What did he do to make you hate him?" Georgia asked. I turned to face her and glared at her. She was alone, so I paid careful attention to my surroundings in case the others were hiding.

"Why do you care?" I demanded.

"I want to help you." She replied.

"Why?"

"Because you need it, and I'm willing to help you. I don't help many people, Caleb. You should be thanking me."

"What, for forcing me to stay with you?" I answered. "I don't thank many people, Georgia. Besides, you can't help me."

"Why not?"

"I'm beyond help." I responded. "Now tell them to stop sneaking up on me."

She sighed and looked behind me. "Boys," She warned. I turned to face them - four of them were about ten meters behind me. When I turned back to face Georgia, Markus was beside her.

"No one is beyond help." She stated.

I shook my head. "Stay away from me, okay? I don't want anyone to get hurt."

She hesitated, then shook her head. "I'm sorry, but I'm helping you - whether you want our help or not."