*Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight - Let Us Go

Caleb's POV

I glared at the men, my eyes a bright red. "Where is he?" I demanded, advancing towards them.

They began to laugh, and one pointed to the left. I glanced the same way, my gaze landing on Daniel.

My eyes widened, and I was beside him in an instant. He was unconscious, and the side of his head was bleeding. "Wake up," I murmured, shaking him slightly.

He didn't even stir, so I stood up and turned around, to face the men again. All five of them were here, staring back at me expectantly.

"Where's the medallion?" One asked.

"I don't know where it is." I replied.

"We don't believe you." Another shot back.

"You should, because I'm telling the truth." I responded.

They began advancing towards me, and my glare hardened. Before I could react, they grabbed me and pushed me to the floor. I was held in place, and couldn't move, no matter how much I struggled.

"Let him go." Georgia stated suddenly.

I glanced towards where I'd heard her voice to see her stood a few metres away. Surprisingly, Lucas was beside her.

I was forced to stand up, and one of the men suddenly injected me with a burning liquid that made my energy disappear completely. I stopped struggling.

Lucas stepped forwards, but then another man pressed a stake against my chest firmly, as if daring Lucas to take another step towards us.

Georgia pulled him back, but the stake wasn't moved.

I was suddenly shoved to the floor roughly, but I couldn't get back up again. I had an overwhelming urge to close my eyes and pass out, but I forced myself to stay awake.

"We're taking them. If you stop us, we'll kill them." One of the men warned.

"Wait! You're looking for a medallion, right?" Georgia stated suddenly.

"Do you know where it is?" Another asked. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and I unwillingly let them close.

"No, but I can find out. Just leave them alone." She replied.

"Like we said, if you stop us, we'll kill them." A third shot back. I opened my eyes as Daniel and I were lifted up and thrown into the boot of a car. It closed after us, and I was dimly aware of the car picking up speed.

My eyes closed, and the darkness grew.

---

Chloe's POV

"They've taken Caleb and Daniel?!" I exclaimed. "Why?! They don't know where the medallion is, do they?"

"They don't." Georgia confirmed, glancing at Markus. "Do they?"

"No, they don't know where it is." He stated. "None of us do, but they don't believe us."

"We should have done something." Lucas murmured. "Hunters have taken my children, and we're just sat here."

"Lewis and Joe are following the car. We had to tell Markus and Chloe what had happened." Georgia responded. "They'll be fine."

---

Caleb's POV

"Please, let us go!" Daniel pleaded. "We don't know where it is."

One of the men glared at me. "You gave us a fake. You're not getting away with that lightly."

"You call this getting away lightly?!" I shot back, wincing in pain. In the short time that Daniel and I had been conscious, they'd stabbed me in the arm with a stake, and had punched us both countless times. When one stopped, another took over. It was a never-ending cycle.

I took another blow to the stomach, and gasped in pain.

"Stop hurting him!" Daniel demanded.

"Stop us, then." Another sneered.

Daniel began struggling against the ropes that tied him to the wall, and I weakly pulled on the ropes that held me to the same wall.

Another stake was suddenly thrust into my arm and I cried out in pain.

"Tell us where it is!" One of the men shouted down to me.

I flinched at the volume of his voice, and shook my head. "I don't know where it is." I whispered.

"Caleb, I have to tell them." He murmured.

The stake was suddenly ripped out of me and I held back a cry. I stared at Daniel in shock.

"Tell us what?" One demanded sternly.

"Daniel, no." I warned quietly.

He took a deep breath and stared at the men. "He doesn't know where it is, but I do."

"Well?" Another asked. "Where is it?"

"I'm not telling you until you let my brother go." He shot back.

"No way," A third stated suddenly when one of them stepped towards me with the intention of untying me. "You could be lying. It wouldn't be the first time we've been lied to about this medallion." He glanced me as he spoke, and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not just something I'm going to give away." Daniel shot back. "In exchange for information, you'll let my brother go, or I won't tell you anything."

They hesitated, then shook their heads.

"You'll tell us, or we kill him in front of you." One said.

Daniel glanced at me, his eyes full of pity. "Don't hurt him." He ordered.

"Too late." Another responded, advancing towards me, his eyes steely and a syringe in his firm grip.