*Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen - The Familiar Voice

Caleb's POV

The moment I got back, I was verbally attacked by Chloe and Markus.

"Where were you?!"

"How long have you been gone?!"

"Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Do you not realise it's five in the afternoon?"

"Why aren't you answering us?!"

"Did you bring me any food?"

I raised an eyebrow at Markus as he spoke. He smirked.

"With my family, about twelve hours, I left my phone here--" I began, answering them before even more questions were thrown my way.

"I knew I heard something in your room whenever we called you!" Markus commented.

I laughed, then continued. "I lost track of time, I didn't have chance to answer you and, yes, I brought food."

Markus' eyes lit up. "Really?!"

"No."

He glared at me, but his eyes once again lit up when I lifted up the bag of food to his eye level.

"You are so mean to me. Isn't he mean to me, Chloe?" He stated when I handed Chloe the bag.

She smiled at me. "He isn't mean to you. You're just overreacting."

He gasped, holding a hand to his heart. Then, he looked at me. "You were with your family?"

I nodded. "I couldn't sleep, so I left and they saw me. I argued with Daniel, he knocked me out and I woke up tied to a chair. Daniel was, too. Lucas said that we could go when we forgave each other. That's where I was."

"Come on, we have a lot to get through, today." Chloe said, walking towards the sofa. "Well, tonight."

"Like what?" I asked, sitting down beside her and Markus.

"A movie marathon. What else?" Markus responded.

---

Three Months Later

"I'm so bored..." Markus complained again.

"Hi, so bored." Chloe and I responded in unison, again.

He sat up, and his sudden movement made us sit up, too. We'd all been lying on Chloe's bed for no reason - we were just really--

"I'm bored!"

"I know!" I stated. "Do you want the entire building to know, too? Because it definitely sounds like it."

"Why are you so mean to me?"

"Because you're irritating." I responded immediately.

"What shall we do? I can't take another minute of this boredom..." Chloe stated.

"It's only...midnight..." Markus replied, glancing at his phone.

I yawned. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm--"

"Bored? Me too." Markus interjected.

"Tired." I told him, standing up.

"Same." Chloe said, raising an eyebrow at Markus, who sighed and stood up.

"See you in a few hours!" He said cheerfully.

"Bye,"

I went into my room, lay down and closed my eyes. At first, I couldn't go to sleep.