I Kinda Like Your Face

{Colette P.O.V.}

I look over at him and see him struggling with the work. I notice the small features of his face. His eyes were the kind of brown that welcomes you but the way he hides his face with his hair shows his insecurities.

"What?" He said and throws a questioning look my way.

"You just look so lost ... Don't you pay attention in this class?" I jokingly say with a small laugh. He goes silent and looks down. "Yeah, I pay attention." He says quietly, not as if he's trying to not get caught by the teacher, but as if he doesn't want anyone to hear him at all. As if, if someone knew what he was thinking, his life would be hell. I reach out and touch his arm. "Would you like me to explain it? She did talk really fast but we already went over this back in France." I say with a smile

"That would be great but the period ends in three minutes so..." He trails off.

"Well we could go to your house after school?" I suggest. "No... My da- my dad doesn't like people over... What about your house? Would your parents be okay with that?" He questions but he looks like a hopeful puppy. "No. My parents are dead. What about the little coffee shop downtown... My grandmother took me there when we got here from the airport." I say looking down into my lap. The image of my mother laying in the hospital bed only one room away from my fathers came to my mind. The doctors said they flatlined at the exact same time... It was in the 20 minutes I decided to get a shower and come back. I wasn't there and I will always blame myself for that. What room would I have been in?

"The coffee shop sounds nice... I'll meet you there immediately after school then?" He says using that cute little puppy hope style he has.

"Yeah. Right after school." I say with a smile. I could see him being a great friend one day. God knows I kinda like his face ... He could turn out to be more. Hold my hand, maybe go to the movies. Maybe that cheesy popcorn bucket thing would happen. I wonder if he would kiss me. No he wouldn't, he's too perfect.

"Perfect is such an over used word. And trust me I am faaaar from it." He says with a straight face even though his eyes changed... It was as if there was no more hurt.

I blush as I realize I had said all that out loud.

The bell rings and I scramble to get all my books in my bag. I only have one more class before the end of school.

"Ill see you after class." He whispers in my ear. He's so close that I can smell his body spray and feel he heat of his breath.

He gets to the door before stopping. "Oh and by the way, I love popcorn."

I grab my stuff and follow him out the door. I am so stupid.