Peace Will Win

{Colette P.O.V.}

I walk into the hellhole called school just in time to see a certain someone walking down the hallway and into an empty classroom. Naturally, I follow.

I walk into the room and at first I was confused. He wasn't in here. Maybe he walked into another room and I just didn't see what room properly. No I'm sure I saw him walk directly into this room. I turn and look around the room and it's completely empty.

I turn and start to leave when I hear a sob from the supplies closet. I walk over to the door and reach out for the handle. As soon as I do, Ryder comes out and engulfs me in a hug.

"I thought you were him, I'm sorry." He says as he steadies his breath and calms down breathing in and out slowly. He backs away and puts his hands on his head and turns away from me.

"You okay?" I ask before placing my hand on his back.

"Yeah, just old memories. The past is in the past but sometimes I get caught up in it." He smiles but I can tell it's fake. Okay Colette. Time to try and lighten the mood.

Just say something.

Anything.

"That's was quite a way to come out of the closet huh? Hehe." I laugh awkwardly after saying that. I pray to the heavens it works but to my dismay, he turns and gives me a pure look of fear and horror. Like I just found out his biggest secret.

"I-I ... Who told you.. I'm, I can't- im so sorry.. I-" he looks down. Well merde. I did something wrong.

"Nobody said anything. I was just trying to lighten the mood.. Sorry." I look down at my feet and look at the scuffs around the edges. "So are you? Like gay? You don't have to answer, I won't judge or anything.." I look back up to see him looking at me in a way that made me think this is how he looked before something tragic happened. Then it hit me. Something must have happened.

"Yeah, no- bi. But I've learned my lesson. Got caught up with a guy last year and it just ended up in months of hell for me." He says, looking as if he's remembering an old lover. If this guy caused him so much pain, why does he seem to still be in love with this boy.

Try to succeed in lightening the mood... Don't screw up this time.

"So was he hot?" I say looking at him in a way that if looks could send messages it would say, "I'm always here for you." But I guess looks don't send messages at all because as soon as I said it, Ryder went in some kind of daze for a few seconds before snapping to attention. This time he looked angry. No he looked absolutely furious. With me?

"Yeah, he kind of was. And if it hadn't been for yo- sorry, not you, you weren't here.. Just forget it. The bells about to ring."

And with that, he gets up and leaves the room, leaving me there to process everything I had been told.