He's A Brainless, Heartless Coward, With No Power

{Colette P.O.V.}

I can't believe him.

How could he say that there's no baby, or that I was never pregnant. I feel so alone, all I have right now is Tiger, whose pawing at my leg, he's hungry. I sit on the edge of my bed and stare at him for a full 30 seconds before slowly standing up.

"I guess you expect food now, huh?" He races to the kitchen as soon as I say the word, "food."

I sigh before taking the steps into the kitchen to see both Tiger and that stupid little rat of a dog sitting side by side. I take their food bowls and fill them before setting them down and walking back to my room. I lie down and close my eyes, this will be better in the morning.

{Alice P.O.V.}

I look into my granddaughters room to see her fast asleep on the edge of her bed. I walk over to her and brush a single strand of hair from her face. I notice she hasn't changed and she isn't under the sheets so I take her shoes and socks off before covering her with a blanket.

I kiss her forehead before walking out of the room to grab my keys. I had text on old friend of mine who had majored in psychology before retiring a few years back. I asked him to meet with me after the kids were asleep. I need help, they need help and I need to know how to do so.

I walk past the living room to see Ryder with a faded, sleepy smile on his face.

Smile while you can.

I exit the house as quietly as I can and get to my car. I put on my seatbelt before starting the car and driving towards a local 24 hour diner. It didn't take long since there was practically nobody on the streets.

I get out of my car and walk up to the door. I look inside to see him sitting in the corner by himself with a cup of coffee. We make eye contact and I smile at him as I enter the building. When I get to the table he stands and gives me a hug.

"It's been a while Alice." He chuckles.

"I know, I know, I've just been under a lot of stress lately, you see, it's my granddaughter." I say.

At that moment a waitress comes by and asks me if I need anything and I simply order a cup of coffee. As see leaves I see Richard place his cup back down. He fixes the napkin before speaking.

"So your granddaughter, what's wrong? Are you going to France?" He asks.

"No, no, you see, both her parents died in an accident and she came to stay with me. She started school over here and she seemed to like it pretty well until she met this boy." As I explain everything to him, down to a few moments ago with Ryder being high, he sat quietly, occasionally nodding or taking a sip of his coffee as it got colder and colder.

"Wow, well it seems to me Ryder's mind is letting this drug take over, whatever he took made him oblivious to what has happened but, this does not men he will remember the pregnancy when he becomes sober. His brain could go through so much emotional trauma that he subconsciously stores that memory away forever and there's nothing you can really do without making it worse. As for Colette," he says with his face becoming more serious than it already was. "I want you to keep a close eye on her, she could very well become depressed or even suicidal because of this. I want to speak with her and Ryder both separately to help them get through this. Don't worry about money either, that won't be necessary."

All I can do is sit in shock before getting up and hugging him.

"Thank you." I whisper before pulling away. We chat for a bit longer before we go our separate ways.

I start my car and get back to the house to see both Ryder and Colette right where I found then when I left.