Funny How You Told Me You Loved Me, Then Left Me For Dead

{Ryder P.O.V.}

I lay on the ground unable to move and wet from either sweat or blood. I felt fuzzy and unnaturally happy.

My dad beat the hoopla out of me and hurt me worse than he ever had before. He kicked me to the ground before getting out his knife. He cut me up pretty badly before laughing at me and calling me "a waste of space" and leaving me to die.

I tried to look for my phone to call someone but it was nowhere in sight. I groaned and looked at the ceiling.

This is how I'm going to die.

Staring at the crack in the ceiling my dad made when I was seven by walking in the attic.

I hear sirens in the distance and think they're a bit annoying to be at the entrance of heaven. Oh god, I'm going to hell. You fuck around with a guy one time.

I turn my head and look to the window to see a cop staring back at me.

He rushes in along with three paramedics who immediately start to hook me up to weird machines.

The cop asks me a lot of questions, that I answer truthfully, while the paramedics do what they need before loading me into the truck and hauling me to the hospital.

*time jump cause I'm lazy*

I sit in my room and sip the juice the nice nurse lady brought me while watching spongebob.

Yes, I'm an emo kid in the hospital drinking apple juice and watching spongebob. It's an average Tuesday night.

Colette and her grandmother rush into my room and I sit there and try to hide my juice and turn the tv off.

"What are you doing?" She asks, suppressing her giggles, well, trying to.

"Trying to hide spongebob.." I say before sipping my juice.

She giggles and hugs me, " You're a dork."

"Your dork." I laugh before kissing her cheek.

The doctor walks in and introduces himself as Dr. Wilson.

"It seems that Ryder here has a few bruised ribs, cuts all over his body, none needed to be stitched but that doesn't mean he's okay. He needs rest and no school."

I look up smiling before frowning at what the doctor says next.

"No Ryder, you still need to do your assignments."

"Well darn."

He laughs before talking to Colette's grandmother.

"Don't worry Ryder, grandmother already said we can spend the weekend clearing the spare bedroom for you, and until then, I'll sleep in the living room."

I smile and go to speak but the same cop from the house clears his throat and makes his presence known.

"Can I speak with Mr. Jackson?" He asks.

Everyone clears the room and he sits in the chair they provide for visitors.

"Your father has been located and arrested. You'll have to wait until the trial before knowing how long he's gone, is there anyone you can stay with until you're 18?"

"Uh, yeah" I answer awkwardly. Secretly I was admiring his tattoos.

After some more questions he explains things and gives me a domestic violence packet thingie and tells me it's a good idea to get a restraining order against him.

I thank him and a few minutes later I'm clear to go to my new home.