Don't Say I'm Better Off Dead

{Ryder P.O.V.}

After school I walked Colette home. After staring at her door for thirty seconds, I left and walked slowly to my house. Usually, before I met Colette, I could make it home before my father. But as I walk up the front steps I can hear him screaming at someone on his phone.

I walk into the house and try to ealk past him and up the stairs.

He looks at me and holds up his hand for me to wait.

"I DON'T CARE HOW MANY KIDS YOU HAVE, YOU SHOULD'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE TAKING THIS JOB." He hangs up the phone and turns towards me.

"You know this is your home, not a hotel right? You can't just go in and out as you please." He says with his annoyingly low voice, like, it's unnatural.

"This isn't my home, ever since I was nine I've been dreaming of getting out of here." At that, he grabs my arm and pulls me close.

"What happened when you were nine, well, your mother had it coming, and according to the legal documents, it was suicide, you're my son, act like it. Quit being whiney over what happened that long ago. You're lucky I don't beat you anymore."

"I don't care how many times you hit me, you can't hurt me anymore." I make my way to the top of the stairs but stop short at his words.

"I can't hurt you but.. Your girlfriend is pretty." I turn around to see his sly smile.

"What do you even think you know about her." I say, hands shaking.

"I know you knocked her up." It's okay, don't let him get to you.

"Don't worry, I did that to your mom, she was so proud of you. All you did was cry." He looks around and lazily adds," soon you'll be just like me."

I run down and punch him before he can realize what's happening.

We stand there in a state of shock before he knocks me to the ground.

Oh lord what have I done.