Seperate Me From My Own Two Hands

{Ryder P.O.V.}

I sit at a beautiful oak table with a white, silky tablecloth. The table is set and Colette and I are facing each other while waiting for her grandmother to bring the breadsticks. She made spaghetti with the sauce on the side. As I sit, I steal nervous glances at Colette and see her beauty more and more.

Once or twice we caught each other staring and I begin wondering where her grandmother is. As if reading my thoughts, she comes out of the kitchen.

"Well kids, I accidentally burned the bread, but don't you worry, I'll go to the store and pick up some ingredients to make more, you're welcome to start eating while I'm gone. Colette, don't feed the dog."

Colette snickers as her grandmother leaves.

We sit in silence for a few moments as we fill our plates with the pasta. I look up to see the smile is still etched on her face. She looks up and locks her gaze with mine.

"My grandmother has never burned the bread before, she did that on purpose."

"I figured, she always has this look in her eyes like she can see into my soul." I say with a nervous laugh.

"She does that a lot." She laughs. We begin to eat in silence for a couple of minutes.

It's so silent I can hear nothing but our forks and the dog breathing under the table.

"You know, I did just ask if you wanted to go on a date. And your grandmother isn't here." I smile at her before taking a sip of my water. I place the glass back onto the fancy coaster. "So Colette, this, in my opinion, is a date."

She smiles back at me and leans back in her chair. "I guess it is."

We sit in silence for the rest of the meal before I help her wash the dishes. I'm rinsing the dishes when her phone goes off. She reads it before laughing and sets down her phone.

"So my grandmother ditched us for her friends, they're going to play bingo and she won't be home until 9ish." She says with a cute little giggle.

"Woah, woah, hold on. Nine? As in at night?" I say with mock anger. "You better tell her that is way to late, she won't want to get up in the morning!"

Colette laughs before dragging me into her room.

"I was thinking we could watch a movie before you go?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'd love to."

I jump onto her bed while she picks a movie out and put the disk in the player. She puts the DVD cover back on the stand and jumps in next to me, cuddling my side. I look down onto the top of her head before thinking about how I'm the luckiest guy in the world right now. Two hours ago I was on the verge of running away from her house and now here I am with the girl I love next to me.

The little mermaid. That's the movie she picked. I'll definitely have to keep in mind that she likes Disney.

We watch in silence and I find myself playing with her hair and thinking about how we don't really have to talk to understand each other.

"I don't know when. I don't know how. But I know somethings starting right now."

I look down at her again.

"Watch and you'll see."

She looks up at me with her beautiful eyes.

"Someday I'll be."

I lean down and take her lips with mine.

"Part of your world."

She pulls away and finds the remote and pauses it on Sebastian's distressed face before throwing the remote to the chair next to her bed. She climbs over to me and kisses me again. I can feel electricity running through my body. I pull her above me and she doesn't detach her lips.

I feel her hands on my chest and I place one hand on her neck and the other on her thigh. I feel her hesitate.

"You okay?" I breathe against her lips.

"Keep going." Her voice was raspy. I slide my hand up her thigh and feel a cut, a big one at that, on her thigh. I flip us over so I'm on top and pull up her skirt just enough so I can see the scar.

"How did you get this?" She looks at me with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I just wanted to know what it felt like. I wanted to know what good could come from harming yourself." She looks like she's about to cry. I lean down and kiss the scar. "Don't." I kiss it again. "Ever." I kiss it three more times. "Hurt yourself again."

I look her in the eyes. "I don't want you to hurt yourself, especially if it's to see how I feel, 'cause that just makes me feel like shit, it makes me feel like it's my fault and I don't want to be the cause of your pain. I want you to know that I love you even though I haven't known you too long, please don't do anything to hurt me or yourself."

"I never meant to hurt you, I don't know what to say. I love you too and I feel like you get me an-" I cut her off with my lips.

I pull down her skirt before laying back on her bed and pulling her close.

"Do you think your grandmother would mind if I stayed the night?"

"I think that was her plan to begin with." She says before burying her head in my neck.

We lay there in silence until I feel her breath slow down and even out.

I drift off into the first peaceful sleep I've had in a long time.