I'll Confess That I've Been Obsessed With Life And Death And Emptiness

{Colette P.O.V.}

I wake up in a crowded room, not with my one family member and friend, but with doctors, and a lot of them. I look to my side to see a bunch of bloody tools and I can feel my heart rate increase. A woman walks to my side and pulls down her mask. She doesn't bother to smile. Her eyes are swimming with sorrow and I already know.

"No. This isn't happening." I can feel the tears welling up both from this and the pain in my stomach I'm starting to feel.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know how you could possibly feel right now because I don't know you but, if it makes you feel even the slightest bit better I know what it's like to miscarry. I was three months along but I had an incompetent cervixes." I give her a confused look and she explains, " it's common when a female has an odd shaped uterus."

I nod my head and begin to say, " I'm sorry." But she hushes me and says, " I knew it would happen but I guess I was hoping for a miracle." She turns and looks me in the eyes, " you're young and healthy, you have plenty of time."

Eventually everyone left the room. For the first couple of hours I was waiting for my grandmother and Ryder but they weren't showing up. The longer they took the more upset I got.

I stay about four more hours getting various things done to me. The doctors release me and my grandmother sits in the lobby. I get mad.

"You know you could've came in the room. You kno- where's Ryder?" Reality hits me and he's not here. The father of the child that just died isn't here. Great.

"He fell trying to get to you." She doesn't make eye contact with me. "Where is he?" I ask again.

"Room 138 in pediatrics" as soon as she says it I find myself running.