Chapter Thirteen

❝honeymoon (pronounced ˈhʌnɪmuːn or huhn-nee-moon), noun
a vacation taken by a newlywed couple.❞

Hunter and Ryan changed out of their wedding clothes, and now Ryan was wearing a simple shirt and jeans, while Hunter wore his favourite thermal shirt and a pair of skinnies. He drove, and they got to the airport, where they boarded the plane. Ryan wasn't even allowed to see the plane ticket, because Hunter was so intent on surprising her. He seemed to have gotten them a private jet- at least, there was no one else on the plane.

Hunter gave her a smile. He had been unsually subdued as well, and Ryan felt dread. Surely it had been something that Lexi had said to him... what if he was actually considering it?

She pushed it out of her mind. "Hunt?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said, winking badly and making her laugh. He smiled at her, and came and sat beside her, handing her a glass of Coke. "How're you feeling? Not sick or anything, right?"

"I'm fine," she said. "I'm just waiting to see where we're going."

"I'm sure you'll love it. Though you might not enjoy your present as much now that you're pregnant..."

She looked at him. "What on Earth is this present you keep blabbering about?"

"You're about to find out."

They landed, and Hunter said, "Darling, welcome to Italy."

"Italy?! You brought us to Italy?!"

"Don't you like it?"

"Are you joking? I love it!"

"But wait, there's more," he said, imitating an infomercial, and she chuckled.

"What more could there possibly be?"

"You'll see," he said, before taking her hand. There was a car waiting for them outside the plane- they didn't seem to be at a busy part of the airport. "This is Milan."

"It's so beautiful," she said. "I love it."

"Let's go to where we're staying," he said. "I can't wait. I'm sure you'll love it."

<><><><><><><><>

Ryan tucked a strand of her hair away from her eyes, and noticed Hunter looking at her. "What?" she asked, feeling slightly awkward.

"What? Aren't I allowed to observe beauty?" he asked teasingly, and she looked down, blushing.

"Honestly, Hunter. I wonder about you sometimes."

He chuckled slightly. "Alright, here we are," he said, pulling up to a small cottage. "This is where we're staying. I didn't get anything big, since it was just us two, an-"

"Shh," she said. "Don't worry. I think it's perfect. I don't want a huge place anyway."

He smiled at her, before pulling out a blindfold. "Allow me," he said, before tying it over her eyes.

"Oh, come on, Hunter, this is ridiculous," she complained, and he just laughed. She heard him close the door, and then open it on her side of the car.

"Alright, I've got you. Watch your step here."

"To be honest, Hunter, I can't really watch anything."

He laughed again, and helped her out of the car. He fiddled with some keys for a moment, before he walked her inside. She could smell lavenders. She felt warmth, and Hunter lead her through the house. She could hear their footsteps, and concluded that they were walking on wooden floorboards.