Chapter 16

"Amberly how are you" the interviewer asked "I'm good thanks a little tired" I answer "Yeah you look a little tired whats happened to your arm?" "thanks hah no it's my shoulder I dislocated it and some how fractured and chipped it in the process" I explain. "Oh wow can we see?" she asks. "Yeah sure" I say turning around pulling my shirt down. "Oh my god that looks painful" the interviewers say. "Yeah I did it on sunday and had my surgery yesterday so I just got released form hospital this morning before coming here" I explain. "Wow well thank you for coming, more of Amberly after the break".

We get back from the break and the interview continues."So Amberly whats it like lifeguarding on one of the most famous beaches in the world?" "Well it's pretty amazing, i've grown up around bondi in bronte so i've been around bondi my whole life and spent every moment with the boys so it was just natural to work there" I explain. "Your only 15 how are you allowed to work and look after so many lives" one of the interviewers asks. "Yeah um I showed hoppo the boss of the lifeguards that i could handle myself in the surf and that I could handle saving lives so he put me in the test that all the boys do before every season and I passed so he gave me the job and I haven't lost anyone while on the job" I say proudly. "That's amazing for 15, you must have experienced so much" "Yeah I have I mean rescuing people that are drowning right in front of you and I have actually had to retreive a dececed person before, not may 15 year olds would experience that." I say "Wow a deceased body why would they let you see something like that?" they asked me "Well they didn't send me to retrieve the body I was surfing down at bondi and I was out the back near the rocks as the waves were breaking better over there and I paddled over and saw something floating in the water and it was someone who by the looks of things committed suicide" I say remembering one of the hardest days of my life. "Wow what did you do, well what could you do?" "Well I was shocked so I waved towards the tower knowing they would be looking and I pull the chain 3 times indicating a possible resus and they launched the jet ski and collected the guy as I paddled back to shore" I explained. "So you had the guy on your board before the boys backed you up" they asked. "Yeah I had him on my board I checked for a pulse but there was nothing and I know he was long gone which is sad but theres nothing you can do". "Wow thats hard" they not really knowing to say. 

"Well let's move on from that, Amberly we've heard you don't go to school what happened there?" they ask changing the topic. "Um back in year 10 I was in the extension class and was really trying to get good grades to get in into the unit I wanted to study for year 11 and 12 and that unit was a cert II in Sport and recreation, and I had a big maths assignment due and I had always struggled with maths and I was finishing my assignment doing really good on it when my best friend needed help so i went to help her and the teacher called me and when I was gone she copied all my answers and I handed my assignment in not knowing and so did she, then a couple of days later we both got called to his office and I got accused of cheating as I had a bad run with my maths work getting low grades and if I was to pass I would get a c meaning I passed maths, but I didn't I got nothing a big fat 0 so I failed maths and wasn't allowed into the unit for year 11 and 12." I explain. "Wow so you don't do any school work?" they asked "No I was so angry at what my friend did and I wanted to study that course so badly that I went online and found the course and thats my school work it's online instead of in the class" I explain. "Well there you go so you will be graduating or not?" "Yeah I will if I pass everything" I say. "Well thats all we have time for thank you Amberly coming and sharing some amazing stories but she will be performing for us right after the break" the interviewer says.

While in the ad break I was allowed to get up and talk to matt and whip. "You did good out there kiddo" matt says whip just pulled me into a much needed hug. It was then time for me to perform so I decided to sing In The Summertime as I couldn't dance.

We finally get out of the place and gina was there outside waiting for us I run up and hug her. "how was it" she asked kissing the top of my head. "It was good" I reply "Yeah she did amazing" whip says coming closer. "Okay i'll see you Friday gang" matt announces I just look at him blankly "Playlist live ring a bell ambs" he says laughing. "Oh yeah right playlist live see you friday" I say back smirking. "all right let's get you home and resting" gina says leading me to the car. "I thought you wanted to go into town" I ask "Not any more we need to get you home to rest" "mm okay sleep does sound good" and that was the last thing I remember before waking up in whip and gina's room.

Whip POV

"mm okay sleep does sound good" was the last thing ambs said as she fell asleep in the back of the car. "What did they ask her" gina asks driving home. I filled her in on what happened and turned around in my seat to see her sleeping peacefully for the first time in a long time. She hasn't talked a lot about what she did with retreiving that guys body she always keeps her felling bottled up inside which isn't good but she will never share her feelings not even with me which kind of hurts but she will when she's ready. I turn back around and look at my beautiful wife and back at ambs and nixon thinking this is my whole world and there's gonna be another little one, life is going to get good in a couple of months, I turn back around and smile at gina "What?" she asks with a little laugh. "I love you".

We finally get back home and gina gets nixon out and I pick up ambs and carry her into mine and ginas room and place her on the bed and cover her in the sheets and dona being careful of her shoulder.

Ambs finally wakes up. "Heyy chick want some dinner, there some left in the fridge just put it in the microwave" I say but she just comes over to me and sit's down and starts crying into my chest. I wrap my arms around her as gina moves closer and runs her hand over her back. She continues to cry and cry when I decide to pick her up and put her back in my room. I put her in the middle as gina and I get in beside and comfort her while she lets her tears fall. Is this the way she shows her feelings I wonder but I just wrap my arms tighter around her and we fall asleep like that.