28

Jayda rocked back and forth on her heels.  She was beginning to grow impatient, she knew they were royals but this was beginning to get ridiculous.  She had been waiting for the royal family of the Alohere, her family.  Though since her mother had disowned them, they likely wouldn't recognize Jayda as a member of their bloodline. 

Finally she heard a noise to her right as a door opened at the end of the great hall.  A screech reached her ears.

"Oh my gosh! It's actually you! THE Jayda Mayin is in our house! Daddy! Do you see her!  She's really here!" A young girl, no more than 12 years old appeared in front of Jayda, an older man walked into the room in a more reserved manner.

"Yes, doll, I see that."

"You're like, my idol!" The girl told Jayda.

"Well it's very nice to meet you, you seem to know who I am, but I don't know your name."

"My name is Allison, and I'm your number one fan!" 

"It's a pleasure Allison."

"And I'm her father, Lord Preston of the Alohere line."  Jayda stood up from where she had squatted to speak with the child and shook the man's hand.

"Jayda Mayin, good to meet you."

"I would like to thank you for coming.  As you can see, Allison has been talking about nothing else for weeks."

"Well," Jayda knelt back down. "Maybe you and I could rock out to some of your favorite songs."

Allison's jaw dropped and she started to squeal again.

"Are you serious?"

"I am definitely serious."

"No way!"

Jayda smiled and nodded at the little girl.  This might prove to be her way back into the Alohere family, an adoring little girl could be the answer to all of her problems.