12

It had been almost a day since Jayda and Hayden had spoken, each furious with the other, and neither willing to admit that they may have been wrong. 

"Dad.  I've been thinking about this whole mom thing."

"Have you?"

"Yeah. I think we need to go to the colony."

"What? I thought you didn't want to hurt them."

"They've gone out of line Dad, they took my mom captive, and lots of other vamps too.  They deserve to be where all humans are.  That's their rightful place."

"Jayda what's going on with you? Did you talk to Jeffery? I heard you went to his plantation."

"I may have talked to him a little bit,  but not about this at all!"

"Jayda, you're beginning to act like him, and I don't want you to be like that."

"Dad, if you won't help me get mom and all of the others out of there I'll do it myself."

"Jayda, I want your mother back as much as you do, but we have a very delicate situation."

"Fine then. Don't help me."

Jayda stomped out of her father's office and up to her room where she began to pack a backpack, Maci entered the room a couple of minutes later.

"Going on a trip?"

"In a sense."

"Where to."

"The colony in the north."

"What? Why are you going there?"

"I'm going to get my mother back."

"Jay...as much as I know you want her back, and I understand why, you can't just rush into this, think about Hayden's family."

"Hayden's family imprisoned my mother and tried to kill me.  They're the least of my worries."

"But, I thought you loved him."

"If you'd heard what he said yesterday, you'd know that he doesn't love me."