21

Jayda sat silently at her desk staring at the papers before her. She knew she had work to do, her agent wanted to organize another tour, but she couldn't seem to focus. She heard the door open and close behind her and was relieved when she glanced back to see Hayden standing in the middle of the room.

"Hayden!"

He did not answer. She bit her lip and stared at the papers.

"Look, I have to tell you something. I can't hide it."

Again he did not respond, she couldn't help but wonder if he was giving her the cold shoulder because her mother had already told him. If so she could only do the right thing by telling him and hope that he could find it within himself to forgive her.

"I didn't mean to, I swear it wasn't me b-but it was. I'm so so sorry Hayden I didn't want to bite you it just happened. I know it hurts and I know that I told you I wouldn't do that because you're not just a piece of meat but I couldn't help myself."

"Don't be sorry."

Finally his sweet voice reached her ears.

"Why wouldn't I be sorry?"

"I am a slave. I am a piece of meat to replenish my mistresses strength and I find great pleasure in doing so. If my mistress is happy her slave is happy."

"Hayden, what are you saying? I thought, well I thought you didn't believe that anymore."

"It is the truth, your mother helped me realize this."

Her mother. Jayda stood with fury bubbling in her gut. She turned to Hayden and he shrunk back against the wall in fear. Her beast was showing, her fangs elongated near two inches and were protruding from the corners of her mouth and her eyes were a devilish red. Her hair, though perfect a moment before, became tousled and disheveled.

"Have I displeased you mistress? I apologize!" He cried out as he dropped to his hands and knees to beg.

"Mercy please mercy mistress, this slave deserves to be punished but please have mercy."

Completely ignoring Hayden she stormed out of the room and quickly found her mother yelling at Maci.

"Mother!"

"Ah, darling just a moment. I'm punishing this slave."

"For what?"

"I was not satisfied with my meal."

"Leave her be mother."

"You dare disrespect me?"

"Don't forget how much stronger than you I am right now. I ask you the same question."

The woman turned and immediately recognized the beast, it was not her daughter speaking. Something else had taken the young girls place. Rather than fighting she put her palms toward the beast.

"Calm down, it's going to be okay."

"What did you do to him?"

"To who dear?"

"To Hayden. What have you done."

"Oh Jayda, I fixed him."