Chapter Two: sacrifices

After Grey proposing to Juvia, the guild started to party, forgetting all that happened before. Not like anyone could really remember. Zeref was sick from eating too many pancakes so he just sat in his chair with stomach pains.

"I hate this...." The dark Mage groans, "I probably gained twenty points..."

"Your going lose it anyways, you're immortal. You can't change," Natsu tells him.

"Ugh..." Was all he said back.

"Anyways, I got to talk to you about something." Natsu says with a slight blush. He looks around so no one was in hearing range.

"What about?" Zeref sits up straight and watches his little brother.

"Me and Lucy decided to have kids," the pink haired boy smiles slightly. His cheeks pink.

"Oh...?" Zeref frowns.

"What's that look for?"

He just stares at him in response.

"You better tell me right now!" Natsu yells almost getting the rest of the guild's attention which he didn't want.

"You can't have kids...." His older brother mumbles but, Natsu heard it.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, Natsu,"

"Is it because I'm a demon?" he was shaking slightly.

"I'm sorry..."

Natsu didn't know what to say or think. He always wanted kids. To teach them all about magic and more like Igneel did. Lucy wanted it too.

"Hey Natsu! Dance with me!" Lucy runs up and holds out her hand a huge smile on her face.

"I'm sorry, I need some fresh air," he gets up and leaves out the door.

"What was that about?" She asks Zeref.

He frowns, "I shouldn't probably go home. I feel like I'm going to puke." He gets up and leaves also.

Lucy just stands there confused.

------

Natsu walks out of the town. He reaches were the forest used to be. Sitting down his grabs a handful of dirt, letting it slip through his fingers. There was no grass here like their used to be. Most of the world was like this now. Barely any signs of plant life or even animals. People were more spread out too. It's been years since that day and the population wasn't like it use to be.

Natsu clutches his fists. He couldn't stop blaming himself. So many have died that day. Woman and children. So many families. He took their lives. Burned them into nothing.

The worst thing was he could feel the demon in him wanting to awaken again. To take the lives of innocents including his brother. Natsu wouldn't be able to stop it someday and it terrified him. All he felt was fear these days. It was new to him but, then he looks at Lucy, her sweet smile with a hint of pink on her cheeks and her big Browns eyes, then he sees his brother Zeref, always laughing and enjoying himself, the way his life should've always been. When he thinks about that, he knows he needs to be strong for them. He never wanted to take their happiness away again. He remembered their faces that night he changed. He could see very thing the demon saw. He couldn't never forget it either. Lucy feared him. Her body shaking, her eyes red from tears. He saw that Zeref was scared too even though it was what he wanted at the time. He saw hurt as he watched his little brother not be his brother anymore. Guilt for what he had done.

Natsu didn't know what he was now. He couldn't still use his dragon slayer magic but, his curse magic would sometimes slip through. It made it impossible to go on jobs without killing anybody so, Zeref told him to stay put and not do anymore. It hurt to think he won't do them anymore. It made him feel more normal. More like his old self. Team Natsu was together again but, of course it didn't last long. His life was never going to normal again. He needed to realize that even though it killed him to think about.