Chapter thirteen: please stop crying

E.N.D walked into the guild hall. It's been three days since that night and no one has seen or heard from Zeref. He locked himself in his room isolating himself. The demon was getting real tired of it.

He walked to his room to find Mavis staring in front of the closed door. She was looking at a plate full of food that Zeref didn't eat.

'For crying out loud...' He thinks, Rollin his eyes.

"Can you try and get him to come out?" The first master asks him. Her eyes were red from crying.

'Jeez.... Can everyone just stop crying already?' But, he says, "I already tried. Well, by your rules anyways."

"Yeah..."

"You know what, we don't have time for his nonsense. Go back downstairs, I'll take care of him," he walks over the door and kicks it open. It falls off the hinges and onto the floor. He find Zeref with his knees up to his face. His head comes up to show his face. He was paler than normal, with eyes that have cried for three days straight.

"Go away," the black wizard mumbles.

"I'm not going anywhere till you get out of this room." His little brother tells him.

"Just go. Leave me alone."

"Are you serious? Why are you so pathetic?"

Hurt shows in his black eyes, "I killed people... Again... It never stops..." He sobs.

"So what if you did?"

"I know that you don't care...."

"That's not what I mean. It's not like it was your choice. You're cursed and you've killed people before. You always lived on." E.N.D was playing with a small flame from a candle, swishing his pointer finger over it continuously

"Not by choice. I wanted to die, I still do..."

His demon punches him hard in the face for what he said. A dark flaming aura radiated around him, "you still say that after everything? You have friends now and people who care about you, and you still wish to die? That makes me so angry. You're an idiot, that's for sure. We had this conversation before. It was along time ago. Do you remember? Because I do. My life changed because of it," he punches him again, sending the black wizard in the wall, "that's for the past."

The dark Mage looks at him, "I'm sorry..."

"I don't need your apologies. I need to you to get off your ass and start being a guild master because you're doing a pretty crappy job right now. Everyone is waiting for you. Waiting for instructions on what to do about Raynare and her demons. She wants to start a war. I think we should accept. She needs to die along with her strongest Etherious. Don't let those town people's deaths be for nothing. Avenge them." The demon outstretched his hand for his older brother to take it.

Zeref watches him for a moment then nods, taking his hand, "you're right."

------

Zeref and E.N.D step out into the guild hall together. Everyone turns to look at the brothers.

"I'm sorry everyone, I should've stayed strong. I shouldve been here for you all and be a leader but, I failed. I'm back now though and I hope you all are ready to fight. Raynare and her demons must be defeated. I hope you're all okay with accepting that it will be war." The black wizard tells his guild.

Everyone cheers loudly.

"We'll beat them, they won't even know what hit them!" Lexus shouts.

Mavis smiled up at the man she loves. They were going to win this. They are fairytail.

"We are fairytail!" Zeref yells, getting everyone pumped. He turns to his brother, "leave Raynare to me on the battlefield. I won't he able to kill her but, I'll get her weak enough for you to."

The demon king nods then walks out of the guild to the house. He spent the whole day there and he needed a break. When he gets home he lands on the soft mattress. Looking over he spots Lucy's Christmas gift to him on the nightstand. He wondered why she would give it to him. He grabs it and stares at it, replaying on of his memories in his head.

------

"What is this, natsu?" The dragon igneel asks

Natsu notices he was talking about the book he had in his hands, "this? Well, it's a story about dragons and Dragon slayers. It's my favorite. I've had since I was human. My brother kept it for me...."

"Do you ever miss your brother?"

The demon frowns, "yes. I don't want to but, yes... how could he leave me? How could he want me to kill him?"

Igneel didn't know what to say to the boy.

"This book was my favorite because, I dreamed of a day to meet you and become a dragon slayer before I died but, I got my wish now. Will it last forever though? How much longer to I get to feel this happy? When will tartorous find me...? They'll make me do horrible things like they did before when I didn't want to." Tears started falling from his eyes, landing on the book.

"Hey, you'll ruin the book but, someday they might find you but, I'll do everything I can to protect you." The fire dragon tries to reassure him.

"Promise me that you'll never leave!" He stands up, his expression more brave.

Igneel laughs at the child, "I promise I'll always be with you "

-------

"Igneel...." E.N.D whispers to himself, "you had to die because of me. You were just another victim. If you were here what would you tell me? I need you but, you can't help because, that other dragon killed you. I watched with my own eyes.... I didn't want you to die because of me.... I failed you. I killed people. I'm evil. I can't control my desire sometimes... my desire to kill zeref and the world.' His thoughts were running wild, making his head hurt. His chest feeling heavy, weighing him down.