Chapter Twenty Nine: the scales of good and evil

E.N.D sat down on his bed in the room Raynare had her servants get ready for him. He stares at the wall deep in thought. He missed the guild but, they probably hated him now after all he did. He was sure word spread to them about him working with the enemy.

One face kept popping up in his mind, 'Lucy...'

Then a knock was heard from the door. He gets up and answers it. It was one of her servents.

"Hi, Queen Raynare sent me with these," She had a arm full of clothes, "all the nobles have to wear it."

"I'm not a noble..."

"You're E.N.D. Queen Raynare says you are. There's a party tonight that she wants you to go with her."

"Alright. Give me the clothes," he holds out his hands.

She sets them on his arm, "have a fun time at the dance." She bows and leaves him alone.

Natsu stares at the clothes he was given. They were white trimmed with black. The black boots that came with it were tall, above his knees. It was strange. It also had a white cape with a hood.

He quickly changes into it and looks at himself in the mirror. His etherious marks really stood out now. Then another knock was heard from the door.

"Come in," he could sense who it was.

Raynare peeks into the room, "hey, I see you're all ready almost." Her smile was sweet and she actually looked her age.

"What more is there?"

"This," She walks towards him and places something on his head.

He looks in the mirror with annoyance, "cat ears? What kind of party is this?"

"It's a costume party. Everyone dresses as cats," Her laugh was high pitched and cute.

"You seem to be in a good mood."

"I have you by my side."

His frowns deepens, "look, you should know this but, I'm not planning on being buddy buddy with you. I still hate you even though we're working together now."

"I know," She goes and sits on the bed patting it, telling him go sit next to her.

He does so, "so what is your story anyways?"

She looked at him shocked, "my story?"

"Yeah, I feel like I should get to know you a bit if we are partners now."

"Oh... um..." She blushes slightly, feeling nervous, "it's a long story. Two hundred years worth."

"Well, how did you meet my brrother?"

------

Raynare ran through the streets of her hometown with joy, her small puppy following behind her. She was ten years old. Her silver hair was in pigtails and her blue eyes shined with happiness.

"Come on bennie! I can feel a wizard here!" She told her dog.

Bennie was the last thing she had left. Her parents died from the demon lullaby. They were wizards and fought together to protect the city from a dark guild wanting to use the instrument to kill them all. The evil guild already took out a few towns just a few miles away. Her parents took the job request to defeat them but, they risked their lives to save the many in the town.

It's been a few years since then and it left Raynare alone. No one in the town had magic anymore. The wizard who used to be here left so, she was excited to feel something so familiar. Magic power. She had no idea who it could be and she got a dark vibe from it but, she still ran towards it, completely fearless.