Chapter Fifteen: stained with pain

The fairytail guild decided to stop for a break. Cana decided to drink and have a bonfire which E.N.D made a huge fire for them to gather around.

"I brought marshmellows!" Lucy says with bags full.

"I brought store stuff!" Erza screams out with joy.

They all grab some of the food even E.N D. He pokes a hole in the marshmellow with a stick he found. He sticks it straight in the flames letting it catch on fire. Pulling it back, he opens his mouth wide and eat the marshmellow and fire.

"Yumm... fire gives it so much more flavor," the demon says rubbing his stomach with happiness

Lucy giggles next to him, watching him. E.N.D turns to look at her, making eye contact, both smiling at each other.

"Hey, lucy. Lucy!" A voice was yelling

"What?! Hm?" She was startled and looked around frantically. Then she sees loke, "What are you doing here?!"

"I felt like partying with you guys," he says it like he told her a long time ago.

"I never have to call you out, you just keep coming on your own," She mumbles annoyed.

"Hey but, would you like to go on a romantic walk togther, I know there's a beach around here," he gets to close to her face. Then it twists with pain.

"She's married, jackass!" E.N.D shouts as he kicks him right in the gut, sending the spirit into the sky.

"You didn't have to do that!" Lucy panics.

"Someone was jealous!" Mira giggles mischievously.

"I was not, its just common curtisy to not flirt with someone who's married." The demons voice defensive, "Anyways he'll be fine, I didn't hit him that hard."

"He flew into the sky!" Lucy screams.

"I don't know what your point is anyways that's for pay back on him suckerpunching me into the sky twice that day we went to thank your celestial spirits after the eclipse gate."

"You know that?!"

"Yeah, I told you. I've seen everything going natsu has seen."

"But, you said me and we as like it was you who was there."

"I was just saying." He scoffs.

"Don't scoff at me!" She points at the demon with rage.

He scoffs again with a wicked smile on his face, trying to push her buttons.

"Hey, guys this is where the tartorous guild was...." wendy says changing the subject.

Everyone looks around to the the guild hall in crumbles.

"Well, well, well, I remember this place. I never wanted to be back," E.N.D says with annoyance. Then he remembers the town with the school he went to, "I think I need to go," he walks off on his own. He remembers a patch full of dandelions not to far from where they were.

He picks a few and heads to the town. When he found it, it was crumbled and burnt. The school was partially gone. The playground rusted and dangerious. Not fit for any kids. Then he reached his destination. The towns graveyard. He walked around in it for a bit till he reaches the one he came for. The name on the stone said Isabelle Maeda. He sets the weeds on the ground next to it.

"It's been a while. Probably four hundred years." E.N.D says, his voice soft. He falls to his knee, "I'm so sorry... for everything. I'm sorry.... you treated me so kindly and all I brought to you was death." Then he hears footsteps and a strong magic power, "zeref...."

"What are you doing here?" The black wizard asks calmly.

"Why do you care?"

"Because, you're my brother and I care about you."

E.N.D couldn't even look at him. He just stared at her tombstone, "you don't care about me. Stop pretending."

"But, I do care. I brought you back to life because, I do."

"You... you killed her...." He mumbles. Tears fell into his hands.

"Who?"

"Isabelle..."

Zeref looks over at the grave, "who was she?"

"I went to school with her. She was my best friend and you made me.... you don't remember?"

"What happened?" The dark Mage started to feel a slight bit of fear.

"You were so consumed with dying, you forgot about my feelings, my pain.... the pain you caused. You expected me to kill you. To kill my very own brother.... do you know how hard that is for a little kid? I know that I'm a demon and I shouldn't care because, it's my destiny but, I did.... I couldn't help it and when I wanted to be happy and have my owns dreams and hopes for the future you crushed them. Mard Geer came and said for me to go back to the guild to fulfill my duties and forget about the school. That it was time for you to leave and me to kill you. Do you know what Mard Geer did to the school?"

"I've heard stories...."

"Stories..." the demon king stands up.

Zeref rests a hand on his shoulder, "I'm so sorry for any pain I caused you. I never truly wanted to hurt you." Tears left streaks down the dark wizards face.

E.N.D turns and glares at him, shaking off his hand, "I'll never forgive you. I hate you so much. Now leave. You don't belong here in front of her grave. You make me sick and don't think just because I helped you back up to take care of the guild means anything. I think the guild doesn't deserve someone like you. They deserve better."

His little brothers words stung. Sending the wizard aback. His heart pounded and ached. Zeref didn't fully understand what happened so many years ago but, he decided he should leave before things got out of control. He walks fast out of the graveyard. Heading up to the school his brother went to, he leaned on the wall and fell to the ground, rolling into a ball, and letting his pain and guilt take over for awhile. He tried to remember his brother talking about any friends he might have had. Seeing if he could find out who Isabelle was exactly.