Chapter Twenty Five: The queen of darkness

E.N.D watched the girl with silver hair and red eyes leaning against a tree. A smile on her face. He wondered why she was here and why she came to him. Zeref probably feels her presence.

"What do you want?" He asks rudely.

She smiles more, "I just wanted to see you. To see the demon king one last time before the war really starts."

"Why would you want to see me?"

"You fascinate me. You're a demon but, has human emotions. Zeref really out did himself when he made you. I could never make something like you."

"Maybe because, you don't have anyone you care about."

She gets off the tree and steps closer to him grabbing him by the scarf, "this is a nice scarf."

"Get your hands off it." He yanks it away out of her grasp.

"I heard you got that from igneel."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I wish I could've saw a dragon other than acnologia but, they disappeared before my time."

He stands there silent, glaring at her.

She takes a step closer to him again, her face inches away from his, "I hear you're having trouble with lucy."

"How do you know?"

She smiles slightly, "I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know everything you guys are planning. I see some of my guild has teamed up with fairytail as well. Such a shame. So, back to lucy..."

"I don't want to talk about her with you "

"I see that she hates you. Poor poor Natsu, she'll only see you as the one she knew before. Even if she somehow does end up loving you, you'll still be the natsu from before. That must hurt. No matter what you do or say she'll never truly love you but, me on the other hand loves you for exactly what you are. She'll always love the human part of you but, she'll never love the part of you that's a demon. Also, she must realize you'll never age and she will. It's a relationship bound to end," She slips off his scarf.

E.N.D grabs her hand, "I'm not into little girls," His smile was cruel and he takes his scarf back.

Raynare steps back, "ouch," Her smile wicked.

"It doesn't matter how Lucy thinks of me, I'll always love her and I'll always be there to protect her. I promised a long time ago I'd protect the future and that means hers but, yours? I'd gladly take yours."

She frowns, her eyes holding anger, "you have made a big mistake. You side with fairytail and you will die. Once your gone, your friends will ceast to exist as well. I could make sure that the first victim my demon kills is your precious blonde."

"I won't let that happen."

She smirks, "you're so clueless. I expected you to be smart. You are the inventor of curses and all that but, here you are blindly trusting your guild. Blindly trusting your brother Zeref. You know him. He would do anything to get rid of his curse even if it meant killing everyone."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm friends with the God who cursed him. She told me about the conversation she and him had."

"And what did they talk about?" His voice uninterested.

"She promised him that if he killed you, his curse would be lifted and many more things like the guild would be safe and mavis would come back to life free of the curse as well. She promised him I would die and my demons if he agreed," She had a huge smile on her face.

"Isn't that a problem for you then?"

"Sort of but, I know you won't let that happen."

"Why wouldn't i?"

"How do you feel? Do you feel hurt? You acted so close last night but, he kept it a secret from you. He was probably going to kill you when you didn't expect it. How sad... your own brother wants you dead. Will he ever stop hurting you? You know in your heart he will try and kill you. You know he'd do anything to break the curse. Even the curse wants to be broken. Isn't it sad how your the only one keeping everyone from living an actual life? I bet the whole guild is thinking it. They'll never be happy with you in their pathetic little lives. Mavis will never come back to life, if you live. You know he'd do anything for her too. He loves her so much. Everyone's love for you is dimming fast. They are starting to realize their future if you're in it. They know it'll cause them nothing but suffering. Remember your school friend Isabelle? She died because of you. So many lives wasted to have you alive. It's so horrible, if you ask me...."

"Shut up!" E.N.D shouts with rage. Tears stinging his eyes, "zeref wouldn't do any of that. He did everything to bring me back to life. He wouldnt...."

"Stop lying to yourself. What has the past taught you? He'll do it. It just a matter of time."

He fell down to his knees.

"Your existence brings nothing but, pain. I have an offer for you though but, just think about it for a bit. Side with me. I'll get rid of my demon and I'll keep your family safe even your brother. I'm offering peace, it'd be stupid to turn it down."

He grabs her by the neck, burning holes in it with his fingertips, "I'll make sure to burn you into ash."

Through the pain she smiles, "I'll see you on the battlefield then," and she disappears into thin air, leaving him alone.

He was having with anger and betrayal. He didn't want to believe that his brother would kill him but, it would make sense for him to. He'd do anything to get away from the curse. Raynare was right about that. The past showed it. He walks slowly, his fists clenched as he headed to the rest of the guild. He had to talk to his brother. He had to know if it was true or not.