Chapter Twenty Three: scary stories

Zeref was walking slowly and nervously to E.N.D and lucy tent. The guild was planning on a bonfire and he wanted his little brother to join. He decided to take Lucy's advice and talk to natsu about the past and try to fix things.

He reaches the tent, "hey, natsu. Can I come in?"

"Step into my office," His voice was heard from inside.

Zeref was confused at his brothers reply but, he steps in, to find E.N.D sitting down crossed legged, with a bottle of brandy. Most odd thing was he had a deerstalker cap on and a pipe in his mouth. He looked like a detective. The black wizard couldn't help but, role his eyes and smile.

"What may I help you with, young sir? Or should I say old? Hm...." the demon ponders, "you look young but, you're like four hundred years old...."

"I could say the same thing to you, and are you drunk? Where did you get the alcohol anyways?"

He smiles evilly, "stole it from Cana."

"That makes alot of sense."

He picks up the bottle and brings it to his older brother, "have some? It'd be fun."

"I don't know..."

"How could you say no to me?! I'm your little brother!" He shouts playfully.

"Fine! I will," he takes a few sips. The liquor sending chills throughout his body.

"And now the fun begins... hehe," the Etherious taps his finger tips together like an evil master mind.

"So, why are you dressed like that?" Zeref asks him.

"I'm trying to find more information on Raynare and her demon. One could say im doing some.... detecting." He moves his eyebrows up and down, "get it? I made a punny."

'Wow, that was lame.... I make better jokes...' zeref thinks to himself.

"Anyways, there's no information on her demon because, he's new and not old like me," he laughs to himself.

"There's not much on you either."

"True... but, there's enough to make me uncomfortable. Anyways, why did you come here?"

"Guild is having a bonfire. I want you to join."

"Yum! Flaming marshmellows!" He yells with excitement. Suddenly his face turns serious, "is lucy going to be there?"

"Probably... why?"

E.N.D just shrugs, "drink some more," he hands the bottle to him again.

"I don't know... could be a bad idea."

"Awwwe, I'm zeref.... I never do anything fun out of fear I'll kill people. Waaa!!" The demon rubs his eyes like a child crying, "waaa! Why can't I be any fun?" He looks over at the dark Mages annoyed face, "my eyes are red right now because, I'm upset! Why can't I have a normal life? Why?! Why can't I die? Why do I have to be mentally insane..."

"I'm not mentally insane, you idiot!" Zeref shouts with anger, "and why are you making my voice high pitched and annoying?!"

"I'm mentally insane but, I'm in denial about it. Waaaa!"

Zeref reaches over to the etherious, grabs his hat and pipe from his mouth. He puts the costume on.

"Hey, give that back!" E.N.D exclaims.

"Make me! I'm the detective now."

"Like hell you are!" He grabs zeref by the collar, trying to grab the hat with no prevail, "stop it!"