Chapter Twenty Eight: the tunnel

"We're here," Diaki tells the fairytail guild.

"Where is here?" Lucy wonders.

"It's crocus. Well, where it used to be anyways," zeref answers.

"Jeez, lucy it's obvious. You're stupid sometimes," happy snickers.

"Shut it!" She screams at the blue exceed with rage.

Mavis grabs Zeref's hand tightly, "How many of those demons are down there?"

"Countless. I have no idea..." Morina tells first master.

Mavis's grip gets tighter, "are they strong?"

"No... very weak but, there's so many of them it can be overwhelming and they are fast."

"What do they do to you?" Lucy asks with fear.

"They'll eat you alive," Morina says matter of fact.

"Eek! There's no other way?!"

She shakes her head, "it's the only way we won't get caught. We'll be fine. I've heard your guild is strong." She smiles a tiny bit.

Diaki opens the door with a spell. When it's open, just blackness awaited them. They could hear the Dripping of water but, nothing else.

"I don't like this...." the blonde Mage panics, "How are we going to see?"

"Got that covered," Morina pulls out lacrima sticks that produce light.

"Awesome!" The whole guild says, grabbing one for themselves.

They step inside the dark funnel. There footsteps echoing slightly.

"Wouldn't the creatures hear us?" Erza asks the fortune teller.

"Well, they go by vibrations. They can't hear or see." She answers.

Levi gasps, "do you think they know we are here?"

"Probably."

She grasped Gajeel arm, afraid.

"It'll be okay shrimp," he pats her head.

"How long are we going to be down here?" Zeref asks.

"A little while. Why?" Diaki says.

"I'm afraid my curse will attack at some point down here... I don't have many places to run before it comes."

"You have the same curse as Raynare right?" Morina wonders facing him.

He nods, "yeah, I've had it for four hundred years."

Her eyes were sad, "I'm really sorry. It must be hard."

The black wizard smiles a tiny bit, "it can be."

They walked for what felt like forever in the tunnels. Their shoes soaked from the water they walked in. When they found dry land they all sat down to rest for a bit. They had to save their energy for the creatures came.

"Why haven't they came yet? We've been down here for awhile." Lucy asks.

"It is strange isn't it?" Mavis agrees.

"We're lucky. If they come towards the end of these tunnels we will have a better chance of all of getting out of here. I'd they did before.... we would lose people," Morina tells them.

They rest for awhile in silence. A few of the wizards taking a very short nap. Zeref kept watch. He notices though that lucy is still awake, "Can't sleep?"

She shakes her head, "nope. I can't stop thinking about..." She breathes in, "about natsu..."

"Same here."