Chapter Twenty Four: an old friend

The guild woke up the next morning getting ready to move out to head to the capital city where Raynare was. Everyone was talking, smiling no matter what they were heading to. E.N.D and lucy though packed up silently. Not meeting each other's eyes.

Then natsu felt a magic power he never felt before. He turns and makes eye contact with zeref. He could feel it to. The magic was getting closer till a young boy and girl came into view. They were around the age of sixteen or Seventeen and had demon marks on their bodies.

Zeref casts a spell, stopping them in their tracks, "who are you?"

"Why is that important? Their the enemy. They should burn," the demon kings fists burst into flames.

"We're not an enemy!" The male shouts. He had black spikey hair and forest green eyes.

"You look like one," natsu says.

"We came here just to talk," the girl tells them. She had blonde hair with purple eyes.

E.N.Ds eyes widen as he looks at her familiar face. He couldn't believe it. The fire died, "who are you?" He points at her.

"My name is Morina. Who are you?"

"You look... like... her..." the demon was shaking slightly.

"Who are you?" She asked confused.

Zeref watched his brothers reaction closely. He knew why he was acting like that, "why are you here if your not an enemy?"

"We came to help you defeat Raynare and her demons."

"Why can you expect us to believe that?!" Grey shouts.

"Calm down... let's hear them out," Erza tells him.

"Can you unfreeze us? We aren't here to hurt anyone and if we did try, we know zeref would kill us or the demon." The guy says.

Zeref let's them go, "I'm the master Zeref. The black wizard. Say your reasons for being here."

"We came here because, Romeo sent us. We are supposed to help you reach the city and find Raynare."

"Romeo?!" The guild screams out in shock. They haven't seen him in years after they finished rebuilding the guild hall.

"We have a letter from him actually." The kid pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket, "it's supposed to go to Wendy Marvel."

Everyone stares at the dragon slayer. "What is your name?" She asks the boy.

"My name is Diaki." He hands her the paper.

Wendy opens it quickly. She's missed Romeo so much. She decides to read it out loud to the guild, "dear wendy, I'm sorry I left so long ago. I miss you all. I needed to time to think and be alone. I was planning on returning but, things sort of got in the way. I am alive and okay but, then a few years back I met Raynare. She took me in and cared for me until I heard a horrible roar from underneath the ground. I found out her true intentions and I left. My friends who gave this letter to you will help guide you all. You can trust them. They'll tell you anything you want to know, with the best of their capalities. Also, I heard about natsu... that he is E.N.D now... but, the positive part of that is you will need him. He's the only one who could defeat her demon but, it won't be easy for him to do. I know how natsu tends to underestimate his opponents and just hit him with his magic. I have a feeling E.N.D is exactly like that too. He needs to be careful. Raynare is planning on fighting Zeref. I know that she has a trick up her sleeve to defeat him so he needs to be careful too. I hope everything goes fine. This battle will be the toughest one yet for fairytail. I'll see you all on the battlefield. Sincerely, Romeo."

"How long ago was this written?" Gildarts asks the two.

"Two days ago. You guys are close to the city." Diaki answers.

"So, you kids are from there...."

They both nod.

"What is it like?" Cana asks.

The girl speaks, "the city is underground so, you'd have difficulties finding it. There's a secret door we must pass through to get there. It's been abandoned for a long time. I heard demons roamed there. If we make it past them, we reach the city." She pulls something from her pocket, "these will be taken right before we reach it. These are what gives us the demon marks. It's different for each wizard, depending on their magic."

"They look like pills," lucy says.

"Way to state the obvious," happy laughs.

"Shut it, cat!"

"Where is the demon king?" Diaki questions.

Natsu walks towards him, "I am." He gales at him with fire colored eyes.

"It's nice to finally... meet... you," the guy cowering away from him.

"I don't trust you."

"Stop it! You're scaring the poor kid." Lucy shouts at him.

"Your little dark guild has caused nothing but, trouble and countless deaths. How nice it would be to light you on fire." He ignores lucy and still glares at Diaki.

"You will do no such thing!"

"You cant tell me what to do!"

"We need them to get to the city, you idiot!"

"Fine, then I'll burn them."

Her face turns red with anger, "why do you have to be such a monster?!"

The whole guild gasps. Everyone found out about E.N.D and natsu actually being the same person but, lucy was having alot of trouble with it.

"I'm sorry to remind you that I am a demon!"

"Doesn't mean you have to act like it!"

"I cant help it!"

She clenches her fists, "I'm done talking to you!"

"I'm done talking to you!"

They both storm off in different directions. E.N.D wandering off far into a small patch of woods. He sighs, trying to calm down till he feel a familiar presence.

"Raynare... I wasn't planning on seeing you again this soon," he smiles wickedly, turning towards her.

Her smile was the same way as his, her red eyes cold, "it's nice to see you again, Etherious Natsu Dragneel."