Chapter Thirty Three: a bond between immortals and the etherious

Lucy picked up a cloak and slipped it on, pulling the hood a little over her face. Zeref left to go looking for Raynare's demon again. He told her that natsu was doing the same thing. She wanted to see him.

She opens the door, showing a long dark hallway and she starts her walk. She walked for what felt like forever till she could feel a magic power behind her.

"Hello, Lucy," the voice was a girls but, it sounded very familiar.

Lucy turns to see, "Brandish?" Her mouth hangs open in shock, remembering when zeref killed her.

Brandish still had the green hair and crosses on her head but, on her skin was etherious marks, "the one and only. It's been a long time and I still haven't finished what I wanted to do to you," She told her.

"Like what?" The celestial wizard asked, her voice a little high pitched with fear.

"I'll let you know at the battle but, you'll need to die. You look so much like Layla...."

"Calm down brandish. We aren't supposed to be associated with fairytail yet. By the way I'm Fuzen," the man tells Lucy.

"How are you still alive?" The blonde Mage asks her.

She smiles mischievously, "Raynare brought me back to life as an etherious. I'm much more stronger than before too. Ajeel and Invel are ones too now."

"No...."

"But, we are just the begining. I wonder if you and your guild will live long enough to see the grand finale. When her ultimate demon awakens. Maybe I will keep you alive so, you can watch natsu die right in front of your eyes."

"Dont tell her too much of the plan," Fuzen suggests.

"The plan? What's the plan?" Lucy asks.

"Natsu will not make it out alive no matter what. If Raynare dies, her etherious will die and her demons life is tied...." Brandish then gets interrupted.

"Brandish! Be quiet or I'll kill you right now. I doubt Raynare would mind it," he looks at lucy, "I'm very sorry for all that. She doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut and you should find Zeref and E.N.D. They should not find the demon. Especially in a in closed place like this. It is only asking for disaster. I'll show you the way."

Lucy just stares at him for a lo mm get second, "sss.. sure..."

"Get back to your room, Brandish. If I find you out and about, you'll regret it."

"Yes," She bows and takes her leave, "We'll see each other again soon lucy."

Lucy follows Fuzen deeper into the hallways. Her body was shaking with fear. She didn't and couldn't trust him but, she needed to find Natsu and zeref. She understood what Brandish was getting at. The demons life is tied to Natsu's. Which makes a huge problem. Obviously the could take kill Raynare now but, what about the demon? They can't let it live... so now what?

"How long have you been a demon?" Lucy asks him to try and get rid of the awkwardness.

"For a little more than one hundred and fifty years," he answers.

"Wow.... How did it happen?"

"She killed me with her curse. It was an accident so, she then decided to bring me back to life out of guilt. I was her first creation."

"Why is she taking life now?"

"It's the curse. Most of the time I don't even know what's going through her mind. One moment she soft and caring the next, life means nothing to her. It's that God's work. She's not the same person she was when she made me."

"Do you want this war then?"

"I dont. It's pointless. It's just the God pulling the strings....."

"Then why don't you do anything about it?"

"She's threatened me. To put me back in my book and burn it."

Lucy gasps, "How horrible...."

"If anyone needs to die. It needs to be Ankhseram."

"Then why don't we fight them instead?"

"Because, you cant win by combat with the god. There are other ways though."

"Other ways?"

"I shouldn't talk about it. It's dangerious to even say the gods name."

"The God is the God for life and death. What happens to all that if they die."

"Nothing. The God would be reincarnated but, forget it's memories of its past. So it's starts over. It's a fifty fifty chance of the God being good or bad."

"You seem to know alot."

"I've done a lot of research."

Lucy's smiles up at him, "you don't seem too bad. You seem to care about Raynare and the world."

"I only care about her."

"You love her..."

His eyes widen but, doesn't deny it, "She seems to have her eyes set on E.N.D."

"Yeah... it seems that way."

"He's not interested in her that way though. He's not even on our side."

"You think?"

"I know. He's just playing her. Lucy... you and your guild need to leave and bring E.N.D with you. Raynare knows you are here and she'll change her mind about letting you stay. Something horrible will happen if you are here too long."

"I'll get everyone to leave."

He smiles slightely, "good anyways they're right up ahead. You'll find those two and also, Raynare's demon needs to die. It's too dangerious and unpredicatable. She thinks she can control it but, it won't be the case for much longer."

"But, natsu...."

"The world will be brighter with out him too. I'm sorry once again but, it's the truth," he turns away from her and leaves.

Lucy stood alone in the darkness for a few seconds to process everything she found out.

"Lucy?"

She turns fast knowing that voice. A smile spread across her face, "natsu."

He steps closer to her, "why are you here?"

"I got to tell you something and I just... I wanted to see you. Where Zeref?"

"He was behind me. He'll be here soon."

"Right. I'm really sorry for everything," Tears fell down her cheeks, "I didnt mean to hurt you. I didn't mean any of it. You're the natsu I fell in love with... even if you're a tiny bit different. I love you. I'm so sorry!"

Then he lips crash down on hers. The feeling was familair. The kiss didn't change. It was the way natsu always did. She kissed right back and held him closer to her. She didn't want the moment to end. She didn't want to go back to reality. All she wanted was to stay here with him. To not think about the battle to come. To not think about the sacrificing that might happen.