Chapter Thirty Six: black carpet

The day finally came as the guild hurriedly woke up and got ready for what to come. They couldn't help but, feel fear. It was the same fear from the last battle with alvarez.

Natsu sat staring off into the distance where Raynare's army was spotted. They were on they're way to kill us all. To bring the world in more darkness. He didn't know what to expect with the demon coming for him. The one he was destined to fight. His heart started to race. Worried about his friends. Worried about himself. There could be a chance he'd lose his humanity while fighting it. That scared him the most.

He clutched at his chest where his heart was, feeling it beat against his palm. One time, he was dead four hundred years ago and brought back by his brother Zeref as a demon. The demon, Etherious Natsu Dragneel. Even after all these years, it still didn't sit right with him. He longed for the time after his mind was erased. When he joined fairytail, met lucy, and went on adventures with his friends, as team natsu. It felt like another life now or a dream. When it was time for the S-Class trial many years ago, when he saw that dark haired man who knew his name, saying how much he has grown, then finding out it was the black wizard Zeref that knew him, his fate started to be set in motion then. He never would've expected his life to turn out like this from that day. Even though grimore heart was a difficult fight, he wished things were that simple. It was easy even though he didn't know it then. Now the fight was between life and death. The God Ankhseram choosing who lives and who dies. It seemed the God was planning on his death, which made him feel uneasy. He wanted to live, to be with lucy and his big brother Zeref, to be with his nakama. The ones he fought so hard to protect, which is what he'll do today and for the future to come.

He hears soft footsteps behind him. He turns to find the one he loves, watching him with kind caring eyes.

"Natsu..." She whispers his name.

"What's wrong?" He asks her.

"I'm just worried. I have a bad feeling for whatever reason but, I believe in you. I always will," the celestial wizard dug her boot in the snow nervously.

"Dont worry. No one will be harmed or killed. I'll make sure of it. I'll bring that demon down and light will shine on this world again."

"I want to go on adventures again, like we used to."

He smiles gently at her, "I want that too."

"Can I come with you? I want to be there and support you, and help out what ever I can as you fight the demon?"

His head was down slow, his hair covering his eyes, "I don't want you any where near the fight. I'm sorry, Lucy. It's too dangerious."

"But... you're strongest when you have us near you..."

"I do but, for this one time I just need to be alone. I don't know what this demon is capable of but, I don't want any of you to get hurt or worse. There's a chance I..."

Tears ran fast down her cheeks, "don't say it. Dont finish that sentance. You'll make it. You'll beat it. You're natsu, a dragon slayer, salamader, E.N.D.... you're the strongest, you're hope... please let me come with you...."

"I cant...."

"Please," She begged, fear in her voice.

"Natsu, is right. He needs to fight the demon alone," Grey came up to them both.

"But... how can you say that?" Lucy turns to the ice wizard, "We're a team. Team natsu...."

"I know but, sometimes we have to fight our own fights to protect one another anyways, we'll be a distance away but, we'll be there if he does need us. You can come with me, erza, and wendy."

"Alright...." still sounding unsure.

Natsu walks up to lucy and holds her hands, "I'll come back to you, I promise."

"Okay.... you better or I'm going to be mad," She laughs for a second.

"I'll make sure of it, I don't want you lucy kicking my dead body so, I'll be back."

"Good."

The smile at each other for a long moment.

"Well, don't want to ruin your guys moment but, they are getting close. See that?" Grey points at black figures marching from far away.

"And it begins..." the Etherious says with determination.

Zeref walks up to them, "natsu, can we talk before all of this g we'd to started?"

He nods and follows him, "what do you want to talk about?"

"I'm afraid," the black wizard admits.

"Why?"

"That demon.... it's supposed to be powerful... I don't want anything to happen to my little brother," he sobs.

"Oh jeez, stop crying. I think I tell that to you way to much. I'll be fine."

"If it gets out of hand, please let me know and I'll come to save you. Give me some sort of signal. I'll be there."

"You're making me feel awkward."

"I'm sorry," he wipes his cheeks, "I just wanted you to know I got your back."

"I already knew," he smiles at his big brother.

Then all the sudden Zeref hugs him tightly, "I don't care if this is awkward for you. I need this."

"Fine...." Natsu hugs him back.

------

The army was close now. Happy carried off natsu over the group of people. The seemed to all wear black.

"It's like a black carpet," E.N.D points out.

"Aye," the exceed agrees.

Then a white spec comes into vision. Right in the middle of the black carpet. He knew who it was. Her white hair flowed with the wind, the sun shining on it made it shimmery, more like silver hair. No smile was on her face. She was all buisness. Ready to kill and so was he.

He flies down and watches the crowd scatter. The had no idea at first who was coming and once they realized, fear would strike their hearts. His name was Etherious Natsu Dragneel, E.N.D. The mention of his name scared people. He was Zeref's strongest demon. He was the end.