Chapter Eight: the girls who makes demons

The fog cleared up a bit, revealing a hundred demons. All of them completely emotionless. Grey changes into his devil slayer form.

"A devil slayer?" Raynare giggles, "that's interesting. I can't say this is boring."

"Stardress Sagittarius!" Lucy shouts as she requips to take her spirits power, a bow and arrow planted in her hands.

"Requip! Black wing armor!" Erza's outfit changes. She holds the black wing sword.

Wendy uses her sky dragon wing attack.

Together they go against the enemy but, E.N.D stays back and cast a curse. Black flames shoot out across the ground, covering it for miles. Then they reach around the enemies burning them into nothing in seconds.

"I hope that's not all you got. It was way too easy," the demon king says.

"Just wait till you meet my ultimate Etherious. The demon king shall fall." She smiles. Her red eyes glowing.

"I hope you know if I choose to, I could end this world right now."

"But, you won't."

"All I have to do is go into my Etherious form and burn all of you into a crisp. It's pretty simple. I mean I'm going to do it eventually."

"What is it like to be half human?" She asks ignoring his threat, "do you actually feel human emotions? Do you feel sadness and guilt? Or anger and happiness? I've often wondered. I think keeping that human part is making you weak. You have no chance in beating my demon. He doesn't feel anything except for a desire to destroy you and your friends. Did you feel anything when you burned this world into nothing? Did you feel guilt? I mean imagine all the woman and children that died in your hands. It must really bother you that Zeref is still alive. He is your destiny to kill anyways. The reason you were made but, you haven't done it because, something is getting in the way. Is it because you care? Have you let your human side control you?" She laughs.

His eyes turned into the color of fire, "I don't succumb to silly human emotions. It's pointless. I will destroy this world again but, first I want to be rid of you and your pathetic demons." His fists light on fire and he lunges towards the girl but, she disappears, dodging it and shows up in a different spot.

"You'll have to be quicker. Can you do that?" She taunts.

"I'm just getting warmed up," he does the fire infestation curse again. It covers the ground around her. She jumps up and manages to make herself float in the air.

"Do you really think that'll work on me," she almost laughs till she sees a bright light. Seeing what it was, she saw a ball of black fire mixed with lightening coming straight for her. It was a hit. She falls to the ground on her feet, "wow. That was surprise. Almost got me. I'll have to be more careful," her breathing was heavy, 'he is strong... This is not even his full power! Am I...?' She thinks as her heart beat runs faster, 'in love?' Her smile was wicked as she looked at the demon before her, "oh Natsu...." She snickers, "we'll meet again." And she disappears into thin air never returning.

"I almost had her," E.N.D says with rage.

"E.N.D? What should we do now?" The voice was soft and sad. It was Lucy.

He looks over at the celestial wizard, "we find her again. We destroy her and her demons."

"She says she has a demon stronger than you..."

"Don't worry. I'll be able to beat it."

"Then what? You'll kill us all?" Tears ran down her face.

His eyes widen, "I have no choice," was all he could say. He stood there uncomfortable while listening to her cry. He had a strange feeling of comforting her but, thought better of it. It might look like he cared.

"We should probably go to the guild and tell the master about this," grey says.

"You're right for once," the demon king agrees.

"For once?! What is that supposed to mean?! Do you want to go?"

"No. It might get out of hand. We don't need that at this moment." E.N.D declined.

"What?!" Grey freaks out, "it's so weird hearing that come out of your mouth when you look like Natsu. He'd never turn it down."

"Well, I'm not him." He stomped off back to the train.

"Do we get money?" Lucy wonders.

"I don't know. We did kill the demons but, more might be coming back?" Erza tries to answer.

--------

They did get paid for their job. No demons have shown up after that. Back at the guild team Natsu starts to tell Zeref what happened.

"So, what did you have to talk to me about that was really important?" Zeref asks.

"It's about the job," Mavis tells him.

"A girl named Raynare is using black and living magic like you to create demons," grey shares with anger.

"Really?" The black wizard was shocked, "she would have to be cursed like me too..."

"She told us that she has a demon stronger than E.N.D...." Lucy says with fear.

"Stronger?"

"It sounds too good to be true. I doubt it's stronger," E.N.D states with a cocky smile on his face.

"Don't be so sure... There is always something or someone who is always stronger." Zeref lectures.

The demon just scoffs, brushing it aside with no worry.

"What should we do master?" Wendy asks the cursed Mage.

"Well, we have no idea where they are at or how many Wizards are involved.... We should do some research. Take more jobs to see if we find out more. Pay attention to any demon sightings around here. One thing I find weird is that name Raynare sounds familiar but, I can't place where. I can look up information on her."

"We'll start right on it," Erza says.

They all separate.

"It'll be hard to find information with barley any books left in the world," Zeref tells first master.

She grabs his hand and holds it tightly, with a look of worry in her green eyes.

"It'll be okay. We are fairytail after all." He kisses her softly on the lips.

"I love you, Zeref," she shares with him.

"I love you too." He helps her up from her chair and they walk hand in hand upstairs to their home.