Chapter Twenty Seven: The alliance

Lucy fell was on her knees. She watched as the guild cried in pain. Their skin burnt, 'how could he be natsu, when he hurt his friends?' She thinks. Even Grey was beat up pretty badly.

"The guild should have sometime to rest," zeref said to the girl Morina.

"We don't have time for that. We need to go now." She responds.

"He wouldn't team up with her..."

"I saw it so, don't tell me that." Her voice was mean.

"Hey, please calm down. He's just worried about them. Anyways how do you think they'll excape out of the tunnels if they're already tired?" Diaki asks her.

Her frowns deepens, "fine. I didn't think of that..."

"What is in the tunnels?" Lucy wonders with fear in her voice.

She gets glared down by Morina, "demons are down there. It's Raynare own collection. If she has any traitors they go down there. She turns them into monsters and anyone who gets stuck down there with them can turn into them."

"So, if she found out about you two, you would be down there?"

She nods, "this is a great risk. Except now we don't have E.N.D and he's the only one who can stop all this." Her fist tighten in anger.

"Natsu... his name is natsu..." Lucy mumbles. She finally said it. She called the demon who took the natsu she knew away. She was so stupid. Here she was trying to find a way to get natsu back but, he was right in front of her the whole time. She needed to stop him. She needed to find him and tell him that she was sorry for everything.

"Natsu..." Morina's eyes were kind and she smiles slightly at lucy, "he needs to hear you say that."

"Then let's find him." The celestial wizard stands. Feeling more brave than she has these past few weeks.

The guild moves out to the capital city where Raynare is hiding and waiting.

------

Natsu flew high in the sky, trying to find any sign of the dark guilds. It was pretty dead everywhere and there was no sound. Just the wind rushing past him.

Then he spots someone standing in the middle of nowhere looking up at the demon. E.N.D decides to land. When his feet tough the ground, he finally sees him. He had dark hair and wore all black except his the familiar scarf around his neck. Natsu knew that face but, it was much older this time.

"Romeo...?" He says.

"It's been awhile, Natsu. Or should I say E.N.D?" His voice was lower and he had a devilish smirk on his face.

"You sure have changed."

"I just grew up that's all."

"It seems like you knew I'd be here."

"Morina can see the future. She told me now it's time to go back to the guild."

"It don't want to go back." The Etherious tells him.

"Ugh... I knew you'd say that. You're planning on siding with Raynare?"

A wicked smile spreads across his face, "no... not exactly... I'm going to make her pay."

"Fine, I'll show you where the entrance is at. Except you won't go through the one that fairytail will. Raynare is expecting you."

"How does she know?"

"She knows all."

E.N.D notices the etherious marks on Romeo's face and arms, "wait... who do you work for? I can tell there's something off about you."

"I betrayed her. So, instead of throwing me out into the tunnels to become on of her monsters, she made me into a half etherious. It really is a good punishment. I'm fighting myself everyday." Romeo tells him, "I'm still a fairytail member though," he points at the guild mark.

The walk was only ten minutes till Romeo says, "We're here."

E.N.D looks around, "this is Crocus..."

"Yep, and her city is right under our feet."

Then the ground started to shake violently. Sending pebbles in the dirt to dance around their feet.

"What is this?" Natsu panics slightly.

Romeo frowns, "it's her demon. The one you're meant to fight. He probably senses that you're here. He lives deep in the ground right under her throne."

The fire demon rolls his eyes, "She actually has a throne?"

"That's not the important part! Anyways, the door in is this way." He points towards a broken down building.

They both go in it and E.N.D sees a huge door, "is this it?"

"Yeah, let me cast the spell to open it...."

Then the door catches on fire and falls to the ground making a loud crash, "don't worry I got it." He steps in and turns to Romeo, "are you comimg?"

"No, you're on your own now."

"How will I know where to go?"

"Just ask around."

"They'll just tell me?"

"Yep."

"Strange...."

"Not really. You have etherious marks."

"Hm... never thought they'd ever come in handy... I was wrong. Will I see you again?"

"During the battle. The rest of the guild will be here tomorrow night."

"I'll see you then."

"See you."

Natsu turns his back to Romeo and walks deep into the dark tunnel awaiting him. His eyes adjust to the blackness around him till he could see everything.

------

Raynare sat bored in the throne room. It was silent everywhere. She could feel Natsu coming for her. Her demon underneath shook the ground in anger and desire to kill Zeref's etherious.

"Well, well, well, everything keeps going according to plan," a calm female voice was heard from the shadows.

Raynare knew that voice though, "Ankhseram," She smiles.

"I was right to put my faith into you. I think this is my favorite game so far. How entertaining." The God emerges from the shadows. Playing with her long black hair, her purple eyes tinted with red, "Zeref's brother is almost here. I can't wait to see him die along with my favorite toy. It was a fun four hundred years making him suffer."

"All of fairytail will suffer now. The guild is on their way here. Wanting to get their precious demon back. The war will be very soon. My demon will kill E.N.D."

"Or you will kill Zeref which will cause his poor little brother to die too."

"Either way, they'll ceast to exist and if they do manage to beat me and my demon, the demons life is tied to E.N.Ds."

"Zeref will get to watch him die all over again." The God laughs.

Then a guard steps into the room, unable to see Ankhseram, "my highness, the etherious E.N.D is here to see you."

"Send him in." The queen of darkness orders.

The God vanishes and leaves her alone with Zeref's strongest demon.

"Hello, Etherious Natsu Dragneel." She smiles and stands up from her chairs. Walking slowly to him, "it's nice of you to visit. I've been waiting."

"It's nice to see you, your highness," he says sarcatically.

"Just call me raynare. I hope you're planning on staying awhile."

"I'm fighting by your side."

She smiles, not believing his lies, "I'll get a room ready for you then. My servants will obey your every command. I hope you'll be comfortable my honored guest."