Chapter Three: the job

It was a long walk and Natsu finally made it to the destination. Except the town seemed deserted and burn down. He sighs, 'probably another place I wiped out... But, why would there be a job here? I can't since anyone here. Maybe I'll find someone...' He starts walking around the place. The buildings were crumbling and had no signs of life anywhere, then he hears voices. He quickly hides to try and get a good look at them so he goes into a small house.

He sees them, there were three. They had tattoos all over their bodies like demons do but, he could since they were just human, 'worshippers...' He thought, 'this must've been a trap... Well I should probably go attack them now.'

He was about to leave his hiding spot till he saw something in the corner of his eye. It was a family it seemed. His heart sunk as he kept staring at their lifeless bodies frozen the way they died and covered in ash. Natsu gasped at the sight. A man and woman grasping their child. Trying to protect it. Natsu hated the sight of death but, he walked closer completely forgetting the Wizards outside. He crouched down to get a closer look.

"I'm so sorry.... It was me... I did this to you," he whispers sadly. The child though, that hurt the worse. He figured he killed many children but, actually seeing it.... He wouldn't be able to have kids anyways. He'd hurt them all just like this. Reaching out he touches the kids face then the child's face starts to crumble with the rest of its little body bringing down the parents as well, "I'm sorry...." He apologizes again, tears broke through, leaving wet streaks down his face, landing in his hands. He gets up, his knees shaking making it hard to walk out of the house but, he couldn't do it no more, he fell on the ground in the middle of the used to be street. His heart pounded, invading his ears and he couldn't hear the dark mages coming up behind him, 'why am I even here? Why did Mavis save me? I shouldn't be alive, I'll just cause more suffering in the future. I can't even control my magic anymore. The curse magic always slips through,' he looks around him and sees everything that he has caused. Then fire grows around him. Cursed fire. He tried to make it as hot as he could. 'E.N.D was supposed to die from his own magic. I can do this... I can't take anymore guilt.... I'm so sorry Lucy and Zeref, The guild....' He tears burned from his eyes, like they were boiling from the fire consuming around him. He started to feel weak but, then the fire died, letting him still be alive. Then Natsu heard clapping from behind him.

"Nice. What we're trying to accomplish?" One of the dark mages asks with a grin plastered on his face.

"You look really weak now," another one snickered.

Natsu just stares at them without a word.

"Hey, sir look at those two guild marks."

"Two marks? Why would that be?" He sees the tartaros mark mixed in with Natsu's demon tattoos and then there almost on his arm. His fairytail mark, "I can see he's a fairytail wizard which means he fell right into our trap and he made it easy for us because, of his stunt by burning himself. I'm not even going to wonder why but, that other mark I don't know anything about but, he has those tattoos all over that arm and his chest. Marks like what we have."

"They're not what you have," Natsu manages to say.

"What are you? A fairytail wizard or one of us?"

"Fairytail wizard," He growls.

"Do you worship the demon king E.N.D though?"

Natsu looks away and clenches his fist, "I would never...."

"Your marks really confuse me but, oh well. If your a fairytail wizard we can just send your dead body to them." The man laughs loudly, echoing throughout the empty town. Then he kicks Natsu in the face, hard as he could, causing him to fall on the ground and cough out blood, "are you not going to fight?!" He watches Natsu just lay there in pain.

"We should probably get this over with before he changes his mind," another one says.

"Fine by me,"

Then Natsu feels something sharp stab into his chest, making him gasp for air. He could smell his own blood pouring out of him then everything went black.

-----

Natsu's eyes open slightly, which he found was weird. He thought he died. He sits up and looks at his chest. There was no wound or anything but, blood stained his clothes. His blood. Then he noticed he was in some sort of transportation. His stomach flipped and he laid there nauseous, "ugh..." He groans.

"What the...?! Sir! He's awake! He was dead a few seconds ago!" One of the dark mages panics.

"What? No way!" He looks and sees the fairytail wizard, his face was green.

"He looks sick."

"Motion sickness," Natsu mumbles.

All of them laughed at the fire Mage.

"Maybe we'll just kill him when we get to his guild hall. We are almost there and the boss already took control of it but, the fairytail master isn't there. All the rest will just die though," The one says.

"What did you say?" Natsu sits up trying to ignore the his stomach. Anger showed in his eyes. They were the color of fire.

"Uh, sir he looks really angry."

"Then kill him now?!"

"I burn all of you to ash, fire dragon roar!" He says lighting the whole transportation on fire. He manages to jump out and lands on the ground. He wanted to kiss it. He was off the moving object. The dark mages jump out. They were still alive which, made Natsu happy. He didn't want to kill anyone else. He steps over the knock out Wizards and heads straight for home to protect his family.