Chapter Sixteen: the captured

E.N.D was getting dressed for school. He had to wear a uniform. It was that comfy but, it would have to do because, he was excited about his first day. He looked at himself in the mirror, staring at the black marks on his skin, telling him what he really was. Walking out the door, he hears his older brother and Mard Geer talking.

"What are you thinking, zeref? The master going to school?" Mard Geer questioning the black wizard.

"He never got a chance to go to school when he was human," zeref answers.

Mard Geer rolls his eyes, "this is all ridiculous. We shouldn't be letting him do human things, he needs to be a demon. We are already having trouble because, of how he is. What if he foes to that school and makes friends and as a good time? He'll probably forget his reason for living."

"He will not forget. The demon part of him won't let him. He'll never be able to run away from his fate..." the dark Mage says sadly.

"Ugh.... you should stop treating him like your brother and start seeing him as the demon who's going to destroy you. Soon you'll have to leave and natsu's life will change." The demon leaves.

Zeref stands there for a while till, he notices his little brother watching, "did you hear everything?"

The little boy nods.

Zeref comes up to him and hugs him, "my little brother is going to school finally."

"Mard Geer thinks I shouldn't go..."

"Yeah, he thinks it'll keep you away from your duties."

"I really want to go to school though."

"I know and it'll be a good experience for you anyways, you ready for me to walk you there. You don't want to be late on your first day."

------

E.N.D wanders away from the graveyard to a comfy looking rock. He lays down on it, looking up at the stairs in the night sky. He spots a shooting star moving fast. He would've missed it if he blinked at that moment. Closing his eyes, he almost drifts to sleep until he hears footsteps and magic power. The demons eyes snap open and sees a man with Etherious marks. He could sense he was just human.

"Who are you?" The man asks.

"Why do you care?" He snaps back with rage.

"You're in our part," more men gather around, trying to trap the demon.

"He looks like a fairytail wizard," one of them points out, "he has a mark but, there's another."

"Another guild mark? Two at the same time?"

"I'm the master of this one," E.N.D points at the tartorous guild mark.

"A master? So you must be strong."

E.N.D sits up, watching them, "some of your men look scared. They can probably feel my magic power."

The man looks around, "but, I'm not scared of you. You know what I find interesting though, the marks on your skin, Etherious marks."

"Yeah, so what?"

"Is your other guild a dark one?"

"I guess you could say that."

"So, whose side are you on?"

"My own," he smiles wickedly.

"What is your name?"

"Why do you care?"

"Just answer the question."

"My name is natsu. Happy?" He glares at the man.

The others start whispering. E.N.D could hear every word they were saying.

"Sir, natsu is the fire dragon slayer from fairytail. He's supposed to be really powerful."

"Really? I think we got lucky finding him. Raynare will be proud." The man laughs, "capture him."

Lighted ropes wrap around the demon, "What is this?"

"Just something so yiu can't use your magic."

"Really? Well, I could escape easily but, I need answers about Raynare so, I'll play along."

"No one can escape those ropes but, I'm happy you're willing to come with us. I have big plans for you.'

With that they head on their way to the city they came from.

------

Zeref comes back to where everyone else was. He noticed two new people in the group. It was sting and rogue.

"Hey, zeref!" Sting shouts.

He waves.

"It's been years and it's still strange to hear zeref's name spoken freely and kindly," rogue shares with his friend.

"What are you two doing here?" The black wizard asks.

"We heard about the adventure you're going on and decided to lend a helping hand," the sabortooth master says.

"Thanks you, we might need all the help we can get "

Lucy comes up to Zeref, "Where did E.N.D go?"

"The last I saw him was at the graveyard in the town by here. I went by after we fought for a bit, to check on him but, he was gone. I couldn't feel any magic energy anywhere either, which is strange."

"Do you think he's okay?"

"I'm sure he's fine. He can take care of himself."

"Are you worried about him, Lucy?" Mira sneaks up and asks.

"No! I was just wondering, okay?" Her cheeks turn slightly pink.

"Mhm... sure," She leaves back to Lisanna with a smile on her face.

"Ugh...." Lucy grumbles, then she looks at the master, "you said you and him fought?"

His eyes grow wide, "yeah... he was saying alot of hurtful things to me. It was probably all true though."

"What did he say?" She sits down.

He sits down next to her, "he said I killed some girl named Isabelle that went to his school but, then he was talking like it was him who did it. It was being pretty confusing. Apparently Mard Geer did something. I've heard stories of the school being murdered then burned..."

"E.N.D told me that he went to school."

"He did? That surprises me, he always seems so distant. Probably having natsu close to you, probably has made him feel comfortable around you."

"You think?"

He nods, "I know that you really want natsu back but, could you stay by his side? He seems more human with you and maybe the natsu you love will just come back."

"I will try. He can be a pain in the ass sometimes," She laughs.

He smiles, "you're right about that."

"Hey! Everyone look!" Erza points at a town in the distance all lite up.

"Is it a dark guild there?" Lucy wonders

"It looks like one of their cities," zeref says.

"Should we go?" Cana asks.

"No, nighttime is their specialty. At daytime we'll come anyways I feel like E.N.D has already made his move on the city. I don't doubt that he's noticed it by now. Hopefully the town won't go up in flames."

The guild watch the city from afar, unable to sleep.