Chapter Seventeen: the city of embers

The dark guild lead the way down a pitch black tunnel once they reached the city. E.N.D followed behind them, not saying a word.

"I hope you'll like your new accomidations," the man who seemed to be the leader of the team said.

"Well, considering that we are going down a dark chilly tunnel makes me think I won't like it too much." The demon responds.

The man laughs. Then a dungeon shows up from the darkness.

"Yep, I knew I wouldn't like it," E.N.D says casually.

"What did you expect a nice room with a bed and your own bathroom with a hot spring?"

"I had hope."

The human points at him, "I like you, you're funny!" He laughs again.

"I'm glad someone thinks so. You're going to find me really funny if you lock me up in that cage."

"Am i? I hope you don't try anything to excape."

"I don't like being locked up. It makes me look pathetic and I don't like that. I'm a master of a guild, you can't expect that of me." He smirks.

The guy frowns, "put him in his cell. You'll be able to get out once Raynare comes to collect you and the others."

E.N.D gets shoved into the cell, "you made a very big mistake," he says playfully.

"You won't be able to use magic in there, so I'm not too worried "

"So Raynare is coming?" He rests his face on the bars, his hands on either side of his head.

"Yes."

"I wasn't planning on seeing her this soon, especially not like this."

"You know her already?" The man asks shocked.

"I think I met her twice now. It was never pleasant. Anyways, you said there is other here?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

The guys smile was evil, "She makes her demons out of wizards we collect. She kills them then brings them back to life."

"That's interesting. So, she probably really does have a army full," E.N.D says, pondering.

"Yes, an army of around five thousand so far."

The demons eyes grow wide with shock, "five thousand...."

"All those light guilds wont stand a chance." He grins.

"Do you know anything about her strongest demon?"

"Why would you like to know?"

"I was told he is strong enough to defeat E.N.D."

"Oh he is. He's so much stronger than that demon ever could be. That demon will soon face death."

"Intriguing.... do you know a lot of Zeref's etherious?"

"There's probably an endless amount of information on them. I know he only has two remaining left. E.N.D and Jackel."

"You're right about that."

"Zeref's strongest demon went missing though. No one knows where it is. The demon she made is only meant to fight E.N.D. once he's destroyed, her demon will die too. It's the only way it can die actually."

"Great... that fight will sound like a pain in the ass."

"Any more questions?"

"Yeah, can you let me out of this cell?" He asks seriously.