Chapter Twenty: The God who took all

Zeref sat on the rock for awhile longer after Lucy left, 'she looks so much like Layla...' He thinks. Then he feels a dark presence behind him. It was a familiar feeling. He turns to find a woman with black hair and purple eyes staring back at him.

His eyes widen with shock, "Miss. Kimura...? I thought you died a long time ago..."

She smiles, her eyes were cold, "She did yes but, not me."

"Who are you?" He stands up with alarm.

"I'm the one and only my sweet zeref," She rests her hand on his cheek. Her face inches from his, "you are always my favorite toy."

"I don't understand."

"Do you feel the power radiating off me? I bet it feels familiar but, you can't place it. I know who felt it along time ago and that's why you couldn't trust me with your little brother Natsu." She giggles.

"Ankhseram..." He mumbles. He couldn't believe what he was seeing right in front of him.

"Awwwe you're good at guessing."

"Is this one of your forms?"

"I have many forms," Then she changes into Natsu with purple eyes, then into Mavis, "I can be anybody."

"Can you change back into the teacher, I don't like you looking like Mavis."

She does so, "Does it really bother you?"

"Mavis is good and pure and you're just a monster." He glares at the God who cursed him and the one he loves.

"That hurt," She smiles.

"You don't seem too upset. What do you want?"

"I want to talk. I've grown bored and need something interesting and you were always my favorite. I always like to watch you suffer."

"Just tell me so you can leave."

"I would stop talking to me like that, I'm a god. I don't appreciate it. If you do I'll make sure to have you kill everyone you love."

"I'll try and be nice..." He almost whispers.

"Good boy," She walks closer to him and makes a circle around him, one hand touching him, "I have a proposition for you"

"And what is that?"

"I'll lift the curse off you,"

He looks at her, trying to find any lies in her eyes, "at what cost?"

"This is where it gets interesting. It's the one thing you fought so hard for. The reason you were cursed. I want you to kill natsu, your precious little brother."

Zeref grabs her by the throat, his eyes red with rage, "I can't do that! I won't kill him!"

She laughs, "I knew you would say that but, just think if he dies and then your back as a human, you can die any way you wish and I'm feeling generous enough that I'll kill Raynare and her demons so you're guild can keep going. You and your brother should be dead. It's only right."

"I told you no."

"What if I brought Mavis back. Lifted her curse too. She can be master of the guild again and be happy. Don't you want her to be happy?"

"Why are you doing this?" His heart seemed at crossroads now. He let's go of her.

"I told you because, I'm bored and I want natsu to die. He shouldve stayed dead."

"I cant..." Tears fell.

"Really? You don't want Mavis to be happy? You don't want your guild safe? What kind of guild master are you? You know what's the right thing to do you're just being selfish but, I'll let you think about it. Hopefully before you battle Raynare which you won't make it out alive and her demon will demolish your brother anyways. Well, I think I'll go now. I love you Zeref," She smiles wickedly and disappears into the night.

The black wizard falls to his knees. His heart pounding. He couldn't do what she wants. She might be lying to him. He couldn't kill his brother but, his brothers life is what's keeping everyone else from theirs, 'mavis... I wish you were here and not at the guild so I could talk to you." He thinks.

Eventually he decides he can't do it, 'I'm sorry mavis... even though I know you wouldn't want it anyways. You'd want me to stay and even natsu. I'll protect the guild from Raynare and from Ankhseram, I promise. Fairytail never just give up, we fight.' He smiles and gets up from the ground as goes back to the family he loves so much.

-------

Where the guild was at E.N.D was thinking about how he was going to tell lucy. He finally spots her and walks over.

"Hey, luce. Can we talk?"

She blushes, remembering what happened in the infirmary, "no... I'm actually very busy."

He just stares at her for a second, "with what?"

"Um.... I promised happy we would go fishing."

"You did?" Happy questions with excitment.

"Shut up cat! You don't remember?!"

"You hate fishing," E.N.D says, not believing a word that was coming out of her mouth.

"I do not! Just the times natsu and happy asked me I did." She pouts.

"Right... why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you!"

"Can we just talk?" He was getting annoyed.

"Fine, talk..." She sighs giving up.

"Well, not right here. Somewhere else."

"Oh... never mind then. I'll see you later." She walks off, having no idea where she was going to go.

E.N.D clenched his fists, "jeez, she can be a pain in the ass."

"What do you have to talk to her about?" Happy asks innocently.

"It's none of your buisness," the demon glares at the exceed. A black flamed aura around him.

"Ahhh!" Happy screams, "I'm sorry! Do you want a fish. I should have some somewhere." He digs through his bag in panic.

"Dont worry about it, buddy," he pats the cat on the head and walks off on his own.

Happy just looks at him like he said the most strangest thing and watching him leave.

E.N.D walks on his own for awhile. Till he reaches a cliff. When he gets to the edge, he sees dandelions covering the earth below. He gasped. Remembering the time he met Isabelle.