Chapter Seven: the enemy

Getting off the train. Lucy and E.N.D didn't even talk or look at each other. Awkwardness still filled the air around them.

"What happened between you two?" Grey asks.

"I don't want to talk about it," Lucy tells him.

"Me either," the demon says as he touches his cheek.

'Why would he put up with Lucy slapping him?' Grey wonders.

Team Natsu walks further and reaches the town. There were only a few people around. Then they see a few familiar faces.

"Hey! Rogue! Sting! Kagura! Milianna!" Erza yells.

They look over and run to them.

"Long time no see. It's been awhile." Sting says.

"Probably since Natsu's and Lucy wedding," rogue states, remembering.

Lucy looks down at her feet. She wishes they could go back in time to that.

"How are the married couple anyways?" Melianna asks the two.

Lucy blushes, "I don't know..." She didn't know how to tell them about Natsu.

E.N.D doesn't seem to want to talk as he just walks off on his own.

"Oh.... I see..." Milianna says nervously.

"It's complicated," Lucy tells her.

"That isn't Natsu anymore," Erza tells them.

"What do you mean?" Kagura asks.

Fairytail looks down with fear and sadness, "E.N.D took over.... That's Zeref's strongest demon now." Grey explains.

"What?!" The four yell together.

"Why is he with you guys?" Sting wonders

"Why hasn't the end of the world happened yet?" The shadow dragon slayer questions.

"What is he doing here? I'm confused." Kagura asks.

"No one knows what he's up to exactly but, it scares the hell out of me. We can't figure out when he's going to snap and kill us all," grey answers them.

"Are you going to kill him?" Milianna wonders. Sadness in her voice.

"I don't want to.... I still see Natsu every time I look at him.... How can I kill my friend even when he's not there right now? I hope Natsu will fight this and return." The ice wizard explains.

"Oh no... This is so sad..." The cat girl cries out.

"I can't believe it... He was right there in front of us..." Sting says, his eyes filled with dread.

"Are we going to do our job or what?" E.N.D emerges towards the group. His arms crossed.

"I thought you said he had horns and wings, Lucy," rogue states.

"He did..." She tells him.

"That was my Etherious form," the demon shares with them, "now can we go? I want to get to the bottom of this. They can't be demons."

"We asked a lot of people and they claim they are. They even use curse magic." Sting explains.

"Did I ask you?" The Etherious glares at the dragon slayer.

"I'm just saying," he flinches.

"That is very interesting though. Where are they though? Most demons would have this town totaled."

"They only come at night."

"Great...." Lucy shudders.

"I wonder how many there is," grey says while thinking, his hand on his chin.

-----

It was finally nighttime and they all head out together to find the so called demons. The fog was thick and hard to see through.

"I can't see anything!" Lucy complains. Something catches her foot and she starts to fall. Warm arms grab hold of her, catching her. She looks up to see a pink head of hair, "thank you," she tells him while standing up straight.

"Yeah, whatever," he says, "just watch where you're going."

"But, I can't see.... Your eyesight must be really good."

"It is. This fog is giving me no trouble. Here," he grabs her hand, "just follow me."

She looks at him with shock and confusion. The celestial wizard was at loss of words.

"Something is coming right for you, Grey," E.N.D says.

Then something black flies and hit the ice wizard. Knocking him down.

"Told you," the demon king says.

"You could've gave me more of a warning!"

"They're coming back."

Grey gets up off the ground with speed and attempts to freeze the creature. He was successful but, all the sudden it breaks free, causing ice to shatter everywhere.

Then E.N.D forms a ball of fire in his hands and throws it, trapping it. The fire grew in size to consume the creature and it turns into ash in seconds.

Then clapping was heard and a black small figure emerged, "good job. That was one of my weaker demons. I wanted to test you," a young female voice was spoken. When she comes close enough to see her, she has long white hair and a black dress and black elbow lengths gloves on. Her skin as white as snow and her eyes red.

"Who are you?" Grey asks with anger.

"My name is Raynare." She smiles sweetly. She looked to be fourteen years old, "was that curse magic that killed my demon?"

"Are they really demons?" Lucy asks.

"I created them just like Zeref did. I studied so much. I guess you could say he influenced me but, I'm planning on being a better dark wizard than him. He only created demons to kill him and the world. Where I just want world domination and to defeat Zeref's strongest demon Etherious Natsu Dragneel or should I abbreviate it to E.N.D," Her laugh was high pitched.

"Good luck with that," the Etherious says with a smile.

"And who might you be?"

"I'm the demon you want to defeat."

"Really? What are you doing with fairytail?"

"I don't care to talk to you about such things but, I'm glad your here. Now I can kill you."

"You're the black Wizards little brother?" She snickers, "I can only tell that you're a demon from her marks and amount of magic energy you give off but, it's not a match for the one demon I created."

"Don't talk to soon. I'm not even in my Etherious form."

"I'd love to see it. How about we get this show started?" She says as a hundred demons form around her.

"There's so many!" Lucy says with worry.

"It'll be a piece of cake," E.N.D assures her.

"I've been itching for some demon killing," grey says.