Chapter Ten

If u don't make an effort nothing is going to change.

Chapter Ten

---------------------------------

"Excuse me for a second" I quickly got up off my seat and walked towards the bathroom.

Damion and I are currently sitting in McDonalds across The Gallary.We left to his car and headed to the Gallary after Nate left.Damion is acting really sweet but I know it's just his way of trying to get me.

Alexandria's Paintings are extraordinary.I was so proud of her as I stared at them.People examined them with there finger lightly touching there mouths.It was so amazing.

As we walked around the Gallery looking at other peoples paintings I fell in love with the painting called "The Rose".It was a simple painting of a rose.The artist was anonymous.The amount of detail put into the painting made it look delicate and beautiful.All it's careful details from the fold of the petals or the shadow it creates all add on to its dramatic effect.It was so elegant and brilliant.Damion realized how much I loved it and just let me look at it for such a long time.I just looked at it,and as I did,it looked more beautiful the longer I looked.

So after looking around the Gallery for two hours-mostly spent on "The Rose"- we decided to get something to eat.Which is why I had a tray with twisty fries,Large Pepsi,fish sticks and a fudge brownie McFlurry on it.

I washed my hands and fixed my headscarf and left the bathroom.As I walked to our table,Damion smiled at me.I smiled back and took my seat.

"So em,how is uh "he cleared his throat before continuing "Alanna.Have you em spoken to her lately" I looked taken back at his question.Why should he care? He was the one who left her.

"She's fine" I answered curtly,clearly annoyed at him.He has no right to act like he cares.He made me go through crap and its really pissing me off now.I don't even know why I'm sitting across him right now.I bit into my twisty fries so that I wouldn't voice my thoughts.He looked uncomfortable and also dug into his double cheese burger.

"Do you want to leave?" Damion asked after finishing his burger.I finished most of my foods and only started on my ice cream.

"Sure" i spoke softly.We gathered our things and walked out.

"Do you want to go to the park?" He asked suggestively.My eye lit up and I nodded enthusiastically.

"Let's walk cause its only a ten minute walk from here"

So we walked.As we were reaching the border of the park I noticed a lady.She had clothes that were torn and a empty "go green" paper cup.Her grey hairs were unbrushed and she had a picture in her hand.People walked past her without acknowledging her.As we went up closer to her I noticed silent tears streaking down her dry cracked face.

"She should get a job instead of just sitting in a road scabbing for money" Damion said as he noticed me staring.I walked up to her as I heard Damion sigh loudly from behind me.

"Excuse me" I softly spoke to the women afraid that I would ruin her moment as she looked at the picture.As I got closer I realised it was a picture of a girl.She was very young and had long blonde hair pulled into two side ponytails.She had a flawless pale completion and big grey eyes.She had a big teethy grin on her face showing her dimples.And she looked so happy.

The women looked at me.Sadness occupied her eyes and I got upset just looking at it.I remembered the aya ;

"And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah: for Allah sees Well all that ye do."