Chapter Fourteen

We can't promise you the sun but were bringing you the stars.

Chapter fourteen
--------------------------------

"What?!?!" I yelled to the phone at Maysa. I have been in contact with her since I left England. She knows about my mother dying.So does Brad and the rest of the gang.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know he didn't know you knew him" she apologized. I let out a long sigh. I told her that I used to go out with Damion before my conversion. And also my plans of being Ella and Damion not recognizing me. The idea sounded so silly to me now that my life has gone down hill. I've realized the stupidity of things we do while people have such worse conditions to ours.
" it's ok babe, it wasn't your fault you didn't know" Maysa just rang me and told me that Damion came up to her an asked her about me. She accidentally slipped out that I was me and that I knew who he was. "Here habibti I will talk to you later my mum wants me to help with dinner" she said apologicly.
"Ok Salam babe. Don't say anything to Damion ok?"
"I won't Salam"
I let out a long sigh looking at the ceiling. I was currently in my room, I actually just woke up with Maysa ringing my phone. She didn't know that it was too early in the morning to call me since the time in America is different to England. I dreaded going to school today. I have been going all week because dad got irritated with me when he found out that I stopped going to school and said that it was no excuse. "just because I am in the hospital doesnt mean you dont go school" his exact words. Alex stuck her tongue out at me then and I threw a prawn at her. I know, poor prawn.
I have gotten closer to dad in these past three weeks more then I have in my entire life. I had more of a mother-daughter bond and Mark and Dad had the father-son bond.
Today after school Mark promised to bring me straight to the hospital because today is finally the day to take off dads oxygen tanks to see his lung development. To say I am nervous would be an understatement. I am so anxious and wish that time wouldn't come.
"ALANNA YOU BETTER BE UP!" I heard Mark yell from downstairs. Ugh.
I forced my legs to get up and went to my ensuite bathroom. Okay I know most people would love to have an en suite. I like it in some ways and hate in so much more. For example when your alone at night and you believe in Jin and you know that they are in the bathroom and your just really freaked out. Yep spoil sport right there."IM UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!" I yelled back at him. I took a quick shower and did my morning routine. I really don't bother with make up. Natural beauty all the way. Unless its a party or something then it's ok to look gorgeous. I just lathered my skin in moisturizer and my lips in lip balm. Not to brag or anything, actually I really don't care about bragging but Mashallah my skin is perfect.i have no blemishes what so ever and my eyes are big enough without any enhancements. Say Mashallah don't jinx me!
I did my wudu and put my prayer clothes on and prayed fajr. I remember how mum used to wake me up for fajr every morning. How she used to sit on my bed and softly tell me about what she made for breakfast as he gently moved my side fringe away from my face. A tear slid down my face as I remembered her soft,caressing fingers softly on my face.
Ya Allah please give me patience.
I made my way to my closet to choose my outfit for the day. I wasn't very enthusiastic on today so I chose the first things I seen in my way. (A/N outfit on the side) I threw on white skinny jeans with a white flowed tank top. Over it I put on an electric blue blazer and a blue hijab to match. Lastly a pair of white vans.

"Salamo alakom" Amirah said as she hugged me. She met up with me at the parking lot and we were now walking towards the doors of school. I loved it when someone says Salam Alakom(peace and blessings be upon you) to me in the morning instead of goodmorning because I could be having a terrible morning therefor when you say good morning it reminds me of how bad it actually is. But when you say Salam Alakom it's like your makin prayers for it to get better. I don't know it just makes me happy.
"Wa Alakom Asalam(and peace and blessings be upon you too)"
"How are you?" Amirah cautiously asked. She knew that today was the day for my dads results. I let out a long breath I was holding and looked up at the big building called school. It isint as big or exclusive as the school in America but it wasn't small either. "Just pray for him please" I asked her. She nodded and we walked together into the crowded hallways. I really did not have any intentions of actually doing anything except worrying for the whole day.
"Ali (radi allah anhu) once said "Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brilliantly." " Amirah smiled at me and gave me a hug and walked away to her locker which was on the other side of the hallway. I smiled at her as I realized we had already gotten to my locker. I put in my combination and open the locker. I quickly stuff the books I need into my bag and slam my locker shut. I really am not looking forward to today.