Chapter Twenty Six

Pain is like fabric; the stronger it is the more it's worth.

Chapter Twenty Six

----------

"Dad, there's an FTC broadcast on"

I yelled hoping my dad would hear me from his home office. We have watched every broadcast since Mark left 2 and a half months ago. He literally has 2 more weeks and he's back home. Even though there was a suffocating feeling that followed me all day today, this small detail felt like fresh air.

"I've got it on"

Dad yelled back as he always does.

I looked at the flickering familiar faces that I wouldn't have had a clue about if this was 2 months and a half ago. This show really showed you the inner beauty of people. Numerous people from different races, status and religions have come together on a sponsored journey around Africa. The aim was to build schools and give presents and food to the children that needed it. That's why it's called For The Children; FTC. It's a beautiful cause.

I was trying to find Mark as I saw the passengers all get on the ship after leaving Gambia. Today was a special screening. It was live! The children had permanent smiles on their painted faces. The passengers had funny looking hats on that the children made them and it made my heart swell. This was just so beautiful.

Even though this was such an amazing cause I couldn't help but selfishly want my brother back.

I was hoping to plan a surprise party for him as well as picking him up from the airport. I've already spoken to his friends about it and they've all agreed to help me decorate. I also contacted the agency that is organising the food and have a tasting session tomorrow at 2. Yay! Who doesn't love tasting free food?

My phone rang interrupting me from my thoughts. I looked at the FaceTime caller ID. Ameer. My stomach did that nervous backflip thing and a smile contorted my face immediately as it always does when he calls. I ran around the room trying to find a hijab. I looked at the mirror making sure I look decent and had nothing stuck in my teeth before answering.

Ameers face popped on on my screen. He was still in bed with his hair a mess. His eyes looking exhausted from just waking up and also of coarse the muscles in his arms bulging out as he had his head resting on it.

"Salam habibti (my love)"

His velvety voice erupted my senses making me giggle (yes giggle). How does he manage to look and sound so amazing in the morning? I look like a tramp.

"Hey babe. Have you got the broadcast on?"

He murmured yes and I looked around trying to find the remote to put up the volume.

I put the phone on the table and looked under the sofa. Now where is that stupid remote?

I heard a scream and a crash coming from upstairs and my heart escalated.

"Alanna, baby, Alanna come back to me"

I heard Ameers rushed, worried voice. My eyebrows raised as I went back and picked up the phone. His eyes were wide and he was off the bed looking through his wardrobe.

"What's wrong?"

I asked as I heard another crash from upstairs. Fear pulsed through my veins as I walked towards the stairs instantly forgetting the broadcast. It was on record anyway.

"Dad is everything ok?"

I yelled up at his cautiously.

"Alanna baby, get into your car please and drive to the airport. I'll be there in a max of 1 hour, I'm only in France it won't take me long"