Epilogue

Chapter Thirty

Epilogue

Last Chapter

"And we created you in pairs"

--------------

"A straight white latte please"

The waiter smiled as he wrote down the order completing our table. I felt Damion rest his hand on my thigh reassuringly as Mark cleared his throat. Although I was happy to have my brother back, I was hurt. I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't come back to find me earlier, I went through so much and needed him. But I knew that there had to be reasons that I didn't know of, which is why I was sat in front of him now.

I still couldn't believe he was really here and that he was really my brother. A beautiful woman covered in hijab sat beside him. She was his wife, always with a smile lighting up her face.

"I did almost drown"

Mark started telling his story as we had lunch a day after my wedding. My wedding was truly complete. Although mother wasn't there, my brother was back, I was married to the love of my life and my father cried tears of happiness instead of tears of grief for the first time in a long, long time. My wedding night was unbelievable and the day after even better. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Our loved ones showered us with blessings and gifts that didn't compare to the smiles and laughter that they shared with us on our special day.

I looked at my brother who now had a generous beard contouring his face. He looked towards his wife with a smile on his face and held her hands as she kissed his palm. I felt a warm fuzz in my chest as I watched him be utterly complete in that moment. I turned to look at Damion who was already looking at me with a smile gracing his face. I couldn't even understand how I would be able to thank Allah enough for everything that he blessed me with.

Mark looked back towards me and started his story.

He explained the fear he had when they were first told that the ship was sinking, how there were tears and utter panic in every corner. How everything got even worse when they were told that there were not enough emergency boats to carry everyone and how blinding the yellow life jackets were. He said that the worst thing was that he knew dad and I would be watching.

"I swear to you, I cried as I was drowning to the point where I didn't know if it was tears or the water that I was drowning in. I started to pray and said "Ya Allah, if you are real, let me live and I will find you and serve you""

My heart momentarily stuttered as I heard him say this. This indicated something that made my hopes go up.

"I hit my head on a big rock and it went black. Next thing I know, I've woken up on a bed in a warm room and I couldn't even remember what my name was"

I felt my breath leave my body for a few seconds thinking of how that would have felt like.

"I didn't know where I was or what had happened. I didn't know anything."

His wife reached towards him and leaned her head on his shoulder. He placed a kiss on her head before looking back at me and continuing.

"A man with a beard came into the room showing surprise at the fact that I had awoken. He then went ahead to explain that he was going fishing as he usually does but he saw me on the shore. Unconscious."

He started shaking his head slowly, undoubtedly thinking of the alternatives of that situation. I gulped thinking of the same thing.

"He told me that I was in a coma for a few weeks. I was so confused Alanna, I didn't even know what my bloody name was. I didn't know how old I was and how I even looked like."