Chapter Twenty

ليتنا أنا وأنت جئنا العالم قبل اختراع التلفزيون والسينما لنعرف هل هذا حب حقًا أم أننا نتقمص ما نراه ؟
I wish you & I existed before the invention of TV and cinema so that we may know if this is really love or we're simply impersonating what we see

Chapter Twenty

//////////////////
He stood up and looked down at me. I refused to look up at him.
"I wrote your name on a piece of paper; but someone threw it away"
my eyes widened as I realized he was saying out our poem.
"I wrote your name in the sky; but the wind blew it away"
he continued making the memories of when we were having a picnic on the beach in a warm August day come back. I read it out of a book and fell in love with it. Damion suggested that it could be ours and that we said it out whenever we wanted to remind ourselves of how much we loved each other.
"I wrote your name in the sand but the sea washed it away"
I looked at him and his eyes were glazed without anymore tears. The green emeralds lost there spark and just looked exhausted. He said it with so much desperation ,and I knew that if I didn't say it with him it would surely break him.
Without realizing I whispered along with him
"I wrote your name in my heart ; and there it will stay"
he smiled at me and bent down to kiss my forehead causing me to close my eyes. My heart thumped in my chest as he lingered there for a few seconds longer knowing this is possibly the last time I will ever feel his touch.
" I will always love you, Alanna Marie Walsh"
I heard the door click as he walked out dragging my heart with him.
What did I just do?
I cried in that same position until my brother and father came home.

To say I was depressed would have been an understatement

/////////////////////
Damion's POV

All I could see was red.
Rage.
It took over my body and threw me into an abyss of un-reductive anger and pain. How could my own flesh and blood do this to me? How can my own FATHER be so selfish and ignorant?? How?!?
These uncontrollable thoughts skipped around my brain mockingly. They were like the hands on an old grandfathers clock, ticking constantly. Reminding me of why I am marching towards my fathers office this instant.
I sped past all the employees in the grand building with one target in mind. I ignored the elevator and took the stairs, three at a time.
"Mr Van Ering, I'm afraid you cannot see your father at the moment as he is in an important meeting! Mr Van Ering! Sir!"
Emily, my fathers trusty secretary ran around her profound desk as her voice reached its climax.
Her heels clicking notifying me that she is directly behind me. Reaching the mahogany doors I put my hand on the handle just as a manicured hand clamped mine.
Emily's finger was in my face and her body was sprawled on the door forbidding me from going into the room.
"You are not allowed go in there. Mr Van Ering will murder me if I let ANYTHING disturb this meeting!! It's crucial!!" She spoke desperately, determined not to let me in.
I scanned her face. Caked foundation, red lipstick, dark eyes. She was beautiful but I was put off by her outrageous flirting whenever I came to see my father. Her no self dignity whatsoever showed as she pulled down her V-neck and put her arms around my neck and whispered somewhat seductively
"Now we wouldn't want that would we"
Her fingers tickled my ears as they barely touched them and I could smell her overwhelming perfume.
I pushed her out of the way and opened the door. She gasped, her hair all over her horror stricken face as everyone in the room turned towards us.
"I am so sorry sir, I tried! I told him he a isint allowed in! I swear I-"
"You are dismissed Emily!" She was interrupted from her unprofessional splutters.
She nodded frantically, her face red and closed the mahogany doors behind her, leaving a trail of strong fragrance stamping her presence.
"How could you do this to me" I sneered at my father ignoring the table of a dozen men in the centre of the room. They all looked surprised at my father who was at the end of the table with an interactive white board. He was explaining the new business plan to the cooperating company entrepreneurs.
"Damion, we will speak later on. Leave" he ordered dismissively going back to explaining the new basic duties of the executive manager.
I matched towards him and went straight in for the remote of the board and switched it off leaving the room in darkness.
"No father, I would like to speak now" I seethed.
My father exhaled and looked at me disapprovingly. His eyes filled with anger and hate.