Chapter Fifteen

Pain is like fabric;the stronger it is,the more it's worth.

Chapter fifteen

-------------------------------

"She's dead isn't she?" Dads voice was stuffed with pain and iced with agony. I bit my lip and felt my salty tears slide down my chin.
"I knew it.From when I woke up I felt my heart missing something. I just felt it. I am such a failure. I let the love of my life die. How could I be so selfish and stupid. Love is selfless and I am so selfish I couldn't even protect my own wife." dads voice broke my heart but his words did so much more.
" we're here, no need to worry,we bring forth McDonalds.You can now continue living your life happily!" Marks voice boomed from the door. Dad looked unemotionally at the floor. The nurses looked at me frantically with worry in there eyes.
" ooh seems tense in here, Alanna what exam did you fail now?" Asked Mark jokingly walking towards the bed with a McDonalds take away bag. No one laughed. Marks smirk turned into a frown as he looked at me not getting any response from dad. He put the McDonalds bag on the bedside table as Alex looked at me worriedly too asking what was wrong through her eyes. She put her handbag on dads bed and stood at the side.
"Can I be left alone for a second?" Dad asked, his voice breaking on the last word. Mark and Alex's worried eyes looked at me. I nodded and walked out Mark and Alex following me.
"What happened?"
Mark and Alex asked in sync. I just looked at the floor acting more interested in the creme ceramic.
"Alanna darling, tell me why Andrew is so upset?" She asked
I didn't answer them. I just went to the chairs and sat.i heard Mark let out a long breath and imagined him running a hand through his hair. Mark crunched in front of me.I felt his finger underneath my chin making my face escalate to look at him.
"He found out about mom"I whispered.

"I love you" that was the first thing dad said to us as we walked into the room. Alex, Mark and I stood frozen at the door. Well that was unexpected.
"My wife has died because Allah chose for that to happen. I could not do anything to stop that except thank Allah for my life. All I can do is remind you that I love you because there's no point of mourning about the past" tears slid down my face.Thank you Allah, I thought he was going to be angry at us for not telling him but thankfully he isint.
I went up to the bed and hugged dad.he hugged me back and I felt his tears on the fabric of my shoulder.Mark and Alex joined the hug too.

"Are you ready?" The doctor asked dad.
"Everything is already written" dad said his eyes on me as he nodded.
The doctor let out a long breath before looking at a nurse and nodding.
We were watching this happen begun the glass window outside dads room. That's as close as we were allowed.
The nurse pressed some buttons on a maroon machine and looked at the doctor who then slowly started to remove the cannula from my dads nostrils. My dad started frantically trying to breath and the nurse looked frantically at the doctor who was already trying to get an oxygen mask from a cabinet. He was attaching the oxygen mask to the maroon machine while my dad is struggling with his life. Why didn't the doctor attach it before. The oxygen mask was put on my dads mouth and I felt my heart relax as I seem him take a long breath, visibly relaxing.
The doctor turned and looked at us with sadness in his eyes.
He whispered something to the nurse who nodded and started pressing buttons on the maroon machine. He said something to my father and walked out taking off his blue gloves.
The nurse walked towards the glass and pulled the curtain down covering us from our father.
The doctor took of his blue hat and ran a hand through his hair. He then let out a long breath before talking to us again.
"I'm so sorry. There was no further development" he stated. I felt my legs weaken and fell on the floor. I heard Mark punch the wall and Alex's whimpers also added an effect to the situation.
My tears were leaking and I couldn't stop them. I didn't even try to anymore. Alex was leaning on the white plaster wall clutching her cardigan tightly around her chest.
Mark was pulling at his hair, his face contoured in pain and frustration. The bulge on the wall above him.
"There is something we can do though" my head snapped up to look at the doctor, he had Alex and Marks full attention too.
Mark stood facing the doctor "Anything, do anything" he stated
I couldn't feel my legs so I rested on the floor leaning my head on the wall.
"There is a problem though. This is a very hard operation. It's procedures are very difficult and extremely risky. It's a long surgery but it can be the only hope to save your father. Are you willing to take the risk?" The doctor asked. Mark looked at me on the floor and Alex beside him. With new found hope we nodded and he turned to the doctor with determination and said
"no"

-------------------------------

Sneak peak;
"I understand, I'll give you a moment to speak to each other" the doctor walked off leaving Alex and I with confused looks towards Mark. Mark walked off leaving us with our confusion. The numbness in my legs disappeared and I looked at Alex. "Go talk to him" Alex told me. I got up and ran towards Mark.
He was sitting on the steps the wind blowing through his hair. He was looking at the sky and his cheeks glistened with his tears.
I sat on the step beside him. "Dad might die. We can't risk that" he croaked,his voice full of fear.
"Dad is going to die anyways. Mark this is our only chance, he might live because of this operation or he might die. There going to remove his support of oxygen anyways. He's going to die either way but with the surgery there might be a slight chance to live" be still didn't look at me as I said this to him. "First mum now dad. Why does God hate us?" His voice broke on the last word.
"In the Quran it says; "Every soul shall taste death" Allah doesn't hate us, he loves us. No matter what he puts us through.Challenges of life are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." Mark looked at me, devastation and pride in his eyes before hugging me. He kissed my forehead and stood up offering me a hand. I took it and we walked together towards the doctors office to change our answer.

It's already written.
--------------------------------

Authors note:
There's another update! I'm actually becoming better at this frequent updating thing. I wanted to surprise you guys and upload a quick update as an Eid present? I don't know I'm just trying :3 Eid Mubarak, I hope your Eid is amazing inshallah. Have an amazing day and just because Ramadan is over doesn't mean it's okay to abandon the mosque now or stop doing good. Ramadan is just a wake up call of your religion. Learn from it and continue doing good.
I don't want to be like those authors who ask you to comment and like a certain amount of times before uploading but it would be really great if you guys commented and liked because it really helps. It makes me feel like someone is actually reading and your feedback makes me correct my mistakes and make the story better. And I know I say it all the time but its because its true :)
Also if you guys have any suggestions or ideas then you can message me if you like.
I just hope you guys love this story because it makes me feel like its actually not a waste of time.
This is the first story I have ever gotten this far with on wattpad. Feeling proud right now :3
I hope Laylat alkadir was amazing for you guys like it was for me and inshallah Allah accepts your fasts, duas and prayers. Amen
Now without further ado I hope you enjoy your day. Smile, it's a charity :)
Stay Beautiful, Stay Strong
Safa xx