TORN TO P I E C E S 6

R A H M A

Yesterday I got a long paragraph from Anisa about Imshad and had to spend half and hour to read it and another half and hour to ponder about it. So far he seems to be a good guy
( according to Anisa's text). He lives in the nearby town with his parents and a sister . And they seem to be from a super wealthy family. He had moved to our town to study as the institution was in our town. He's aim is to be a graphic designer. Next day morning I was thinking about all the facts when Ilma stumbled into the classroom with a victory dance . Since all knows how crazy she is, no one paid much attention which was a relief for me.

" I cant believe it! She finally did it! I never thought they would fall for each other soon. It just sound like a romantic movie! " Now that caught everyone's attention. Girls began to gather around her, hoping to start the day with more juicy gossips .

I gritterd my teeth unable to control my anger partly because of the girls who are always ready to hear stuff about someone whom they has no concern or whatsoever. And partly because of Ilma announcing this aloud and for sounding like this is a greatest news in the world.

" Yah but the point is Ilma , Don't you think it's a bit soon? She had been speaking with him for like only two days and they are already in a relationship. That's impossible! anyone can see that ''.

Ilma gave me a weird look .
The girls were staring at us like on a wrestling match.

" Since when did you became a relationship adviser? I know you are just jealous because she found a handsome guy while you couldn't find one yet".

I felt the anger bubbling within me but I kept my guard low. I didn't want to create a scene

"Don't be stupid . Why should I be jealous because of this? It's because you think I'm not capable enough to find a handsome guy? I never had a boyfriend because I never wanted a one on the first place.
I want a husband not a boyfriend Ilma. Keep that in your mind " .
"So you're telling that I'm stupid?"
What? Even though this really pissed me, I forced myself to become calm once again. But I couldn't help but to snap at her

"Don't talk nonsense Ilma!
I didn't mean anything like that.
What I meant was we can't trust everything we see or hear. Imshad might be a good guy, But she need to know more about him before she move to a relationship. And you know in Islam we are not suppose to have a relationship before marriage? As Friends we should tell her. We can't approve what ever she is doing if it's wrong ."

Finally Ilma got my point. She held her head down. All the enthusiasm she had disappeared and I was able to take a relived breath.

"Yah maybe it's true Rahma. I never thought that far. I wasn't thinking clearly . It's just she sound so happy after a long time. I can't remember the last time seeing her like this. I'm sorry if I hurt you with my words. "
I smiled because I could never remain angry with her. Hishma was asking something when Anisa entered the class room floating on cloud nine. Love dose weird things after all. All the girls started to talk in low excited voice. I know today topic would be Anisa. We left them and went forward to meet her. I was feeling quite restless about what I should say .

She came to us almost running and grinning and didnt even notice the rest of the class crowded behind us.

"Hey girls! so what do you'll think about him? I found out all about him . I hope both are convinced that he is a good person . And now I need your help and advice about this matter".
Ilma was looking at anywhere but at her. And suddnly I was aware that the ceiling looked really cool. I hated to burst her happy bubble, but what needed to say , should be said. I approached her with a soft torn.

"Umm... yah Anisa just now we were talking about it and it's great. But don't you think this is a bit soon? and um.. like I said before you know a relationship before marriage is haram...?"

She shrugged.
"So what? Its not a big deal . Beside it's not like I'm going to ditch him or he will? we have complete faith in each other and some day I'm going to marry him".

''But..'' As I was about to protest Ilma opened her mouth. " I think what Rahma said was true. It's bit too soon for you to fall in love since it has only been couple of days . Though you'll got to know each others don't you think you are being a bit over confident about a guy you just met?"

That made her pretty mad . And her voice rose high.

" What did you mean by it? I know what I'm doing ok? you'll wanted a character certificate of him and I gave. And now you'll won't help me? You'll are the ones who seem to have no sense. I'm confident enough about it Ilma! I don't know why did I bother finding about him just to prove both of you. I thought friends are supposed to have each others back. "

"You know what? I get it. Both of you are jealous of me because I have a BF and you'll don't have a one. Do me a favor and stay out of my way. I don't need your stupid advice. Ill take my request back''.

With that she left the class room closing the door with a loud bang. Ilma called out for her but I stopped her. You can never sing to a deft guy because he wouldn't hear it. The same way no matter how many times you advice a person who's madly in love will never come to their sense.

'' Told you she would never agree.'' said Hishma with a satisfied smirk.

'' When did you say anything Hishma? And wipe that smirk off your face before I make you..."
I left both Ilma and Hisham in a heated argument and the rest of the class taking sides. I didn't even bother to find out about what they are fighting for .

With a heavy heart I sat and exhaled a deep breath. It went bad than I thought. But I know I was correct. That made me feel a bit better. We didn't see Anisa for the whole day.