TORN TO P I E C E S 8

A N I S A

Days became hours, hours became  seconds, and seconds became the exact moment I've been waiting all this time

Days became hours, hours became seconds, and seconds became the exact moment I've been waiting all this time. For the first time in my entir bo life, I'm about to do something adventurous and fun. Well it wouldn't be the way I expected, with a bunch of roses,candles lit under the stars. Still it made me excited and found it extremely hard control my giggle as I got dressed, I gave the impression of a small kid who's about to get her favorite candy from their favorite person.

I put on my favorite top and a long skirt and wrapped my hijab. I've never worn a long skirt before but today I wanted to look special to him. I wanted him to stare , stare and stare at me. I wanted to be treated special, Not just as a random girl. To give more affect, I carefully applied a layer of makeup.

After I got dressed I checked my phone to see a billion miss calls from Rahma and Ilma.
They are trying to ruin my day again! Why can't they leave me alone?? I muttered to myself and cleared the call history . I didn't want my mood to be ruined by them again. Right now my primary concern was about our date . I quickly send him a text message telling that I will be there within 15 minutes. We thought of meeting for breakfast because it were less crowded in the morning. I left my house and got in to a taxi and arrived to the newly opened restaurant. It was not bad for our first meeting. As I was waiting for him , I prayed that everything should go smoothly.

*****************

I M S H A D

After fighting a million inner battles with myself, finally I mustered the courage to have a date with Anisa

After fighting a million inner battles with myself, finally I mustered the courage to have a date with Anisa. I kept on feeling something I've never felt for a long time, it was Happiness. If I'm being honest with my self she was not much of a beauty, yet she had a different aura with her . If you grab her hand when she's about to fall, she will make you feel like you've saved her from a tragic accident. I'm a emphatic person who has the ability to know about people's inner feelings .I was able to come in to some conclusion about her during the short period we met. Still, I wonder what made me to offer her the umbrella that day. After Jasmin , Anisa was the only girl who was able to stir my heart. But then the memory of Jasmin made my heart heavier. Quickly dismissing the thought I left my house, as I didn't want to taint my day with a mere thought about her.

As I arrived , she was seated there waiting for me. She looked. It was like the first ray of sunshine in the morning. The mere presence of her was enough to chase away the darkness that kept covering my eyes. I walked to the table and sat. She gave one of those you -are - the- one- and- only- in- my- life smile. I smiled back . It was nice to feel admired and important again.

"Hey you look really beautiful today." I began the conversation with a cheesy line and which always works with girls. Don't know how to start a talk with a girl? Start by telling she is beautiful, even if you feel the opposite.

"Ohh thanks a lot. You, you look great too"
Aww I said to myself. She's cute when she lookes shy.

"Well I gusse we have talked about everything in our life. And I should say , I'm really lucky to have a girl like you in my life."
That made her smile again. Bingo!

"Well what would you like to eat?" I asked her.

"I would like a submarine with a chocolate milk shake. What about you?"

" I'll take the same . Seems like we have the same tastes when it comes to food.I hope it will be with the rest of things too"

Once again she smiled. I wish she would talk more instead of smiling all the time. But maybe this was all new to her. I should give her time to adjust. But I didn't mind watching her smile either. My feeling were in such a jumble right now.

I gave the order to the waiter and began a conversation. I asked about her school, friends (which she didn't want to talk about ) family
( she became quite at the mention of family). We took a slight pause as the food arrived.

"... So you have one elder sister. How is she?"

I scoffed at the thought of my sister.
" You really want to know my opinion about her? Or the world opinion about her?"

She let out a small giggle which I found endearing.

" both. "

" OK according to me, she is the most annoying, fussy, evil girl I've ever met in my life. But to the rest of the world, she is your typical beauty queen with politeness and who is good with the upcoming fashion."

" Why are you saying she is evil?"

" Because that's how she is, she would do anything to make me feel awkward. She is a suger cube outside, but a sour plum inside. So we fight a lot. Don't get me wrong, it's just I'm a very open person .You are so lucky for not having an annoying sibling "

She let out small sigh.
" Its okay. I like the way you are so open with me. It makes me feel so good. Meanwhile I'd do anything to have an annoying sibling. I wish my brother was like your sister.... " her eyes held a sad look.
" I can't remember the last time we had a good laugh... I rarely see him anyway..."

I took her hand and gave a slight squeeze .
" Don't worry. You're already part of my family. Wait until I introduce you to my Sister. You will surely regret it. "

" I will look foreword to be
regreted Imshad."
she said with a chuckle. Suddenly she caught me off guard .

"Ever had a girlfriend before?"

That made me chocked on my food.
"What? No no. I've had girls as friends, but I don't have a girlfriend except you."
That sounded like a typical lie. I hope she won't question more about it.
I thought of telling about Jasmin, but then I decided against it . I felt myself becoming calm at by look of relief crossed over her face. afterwards she became more comfortable around me.
But still I felt a tiny bit of guilt for not saying about Jasmin.

We kept on talking and I was holding her hand . After a long time I was having such a great time. I was laughing to something she said when suddenly she stopped talking. A look of horror came across her face. Still holding her hand I turned around . And then , I finally realize the reason for it.

****

assalamu aleikum ..... don't forget to leave a vote and a comment ;)