TORN TO P I E C E S 37

Imshad

Imshad

"Imshad...Imshad? Please wake up..." Some how my unconscious mind seem to grasp the voice But my eyes refused to open.

"Imshad! You need to wake up! " this time, the voice sound more urgent. Then I felt a sharp pain on my side and I work up wincing in pain, to an unfamiliar room. The room was dark except for a small bulb which filled up the whole room with a yellowish light. And I saw Another figure was sprawled over the floor right across me. I squint my eyes to recognize the person .

"Imshad...." This time, I recognized the voice. I turned to my side. There she was, dressed in tattered cloths and was tied to a chair. I tried to move but I found out that I was fallen on the ground with the chair. Fortunately, It was not heavy. With much effort, I got the chair straight.

"Anisa... I... Oh... Are you OK...?" She just nodded her head. Not a word was uttered, but I looked into her teary eyes and got a glimpse of many untold emotions. And that moment, I realize the reason people say that eyes are the windows to the heart. Surprisingly, I tasted my own Salty tears. I had no way of hiding it and I didn't want to hide it. She smiled again.

"H...How have you been Imshad? I... I mean how is your life ? You have lost your weight..."

Those words tore my heart. Her she was, being kidnapped, being held captive for more than one week in this rotten room...and she was asking about my life, why I've lost weight.
How am I suppose to reply?
Do I even have a right to reply?

" You are asking about me when I'm the one who should ask about you? But I'm not going to ask how are you because that's a stupid question to ask from a person who was kidnapped..."

To my immense grief, she started to weep.
" I can't even Understand how I spend my days here. I didn't have a proper sleep, or food. And I've been wearing the same dress I wore on that day. I've only been allowed to use the washroom twice a day.
And Imshad...they said so many horrible things Imshad. They said that you was a reason for this. And they said something about Ilma...please Imshad, I want to go home, I want to see my family. Are they OK? "

At this moment I wanted to kill every person who hurt her, including myself. Because, if it weren't for me...she would have been safe, happy.

"Anisa... I know this must be really hard, but you have to be strong, you have to keep your courage until the end. Don't give them a reason to hurt you... You have been strong , and you should strong until the end."

Maybe it was my words, or maybe was her own courage, but for the first time she smiled with tears.

" Yes Imshad...I believed that you will come. Even Shazim and Wazim believed too..."

At once, My defence mood kicked up.
"Wazim? Who is that?"

Anisa chuckled.
"Don't worry Imshad.
He itself said that he would rather love a donkey than love me..."