TORN TO P I E C E S 12

I M S H A D
..." Imshad, I think you should marry Jasmine..."

I didn't really hear it, did my mom asked me to marry her? My mind kept denying this and my eyes kept staring at my mother, assuming soon she will laugh back saying she didnt really mean it. Then when she stared back with the same serious expression, the reality hit me.

Then I did something anyone would've done in my situation. I laughed really hard until tears were running down my checks. Obviously she didn't look thrilled about my sudden outburst. I stopped laughing.
" That's simply out of the question mom. Why would I want to marry Jasmin? Just because today I was having fun with her won't mean that I'm in love with her mum. It was a long time ago. But now, I'm not"

My mother was kind enough to give me one of her typical-mothers glare.

"Why can't you marry her Imshad? What's wrong with Jasmine? she's a lovely girl ...Hold on, you are not seeing some one already, are you?"

I hesitated about whether I should tell her about Anisa. I was planing to tell her about about our love, with Anisa by my side. Certainly not this way. But finally I decided to tell her. If it will take away the idea of a marriage with Jasmine.

"Listen mom. Jasmine left me when I pleaded her not to. I wanted us to be engaged, but she refused telling that she need her freedom . And as I can remember, you were so frustrated about her too. You kept ranting hours and hours about her rudeness.
So why this sudden change hearts? It's because she came back? I don't think she came back for me mom.

And the next important thing; I'm loving a girl call Anisa, and we have been dating for a month. I thought of telling you about this after sometime but now you made me to tell".

My mother was silent for a while. then she spoke,carefully measuring her sugery words.

" listen dear... I think Jasmin suits you well than this girl Anisa. It's true I was upset with her but both of you have known each other since kids. It's a real waste to ignore such a charming, beautiful girl. Oh and another thing,Jasmine has told her father that she don't want anyone but you. So I know you and Jasmine will make a good couple..."

"Stop this mom! "I yelled at her. "Did you think I'll fall on my knees and accept your words? Anisa is a good girl. And she's rich too. You will realise about her once you spoke with her. Please mom remember Jasmine ditched ME!"
My mother looked torn for a moment.
" Stop repeating the same thing Imshad. I agree with you that what she did was good but what matter the most is she came back. She came for you...
Dear, if you are so determined about this then I'll drop this topic. I'm your mother Imshad, I know about you than anyone. But since you said she's good and rich, I'll give a thought about it. I need her phone number." I chocked on the orange juice. But I managed to pass it as a fit of cough.

"W...what! Her phone number? Why you need to talk to her now? Isn't it soon? Beside,she might even panick too. I need to inform her before that. I'll bring her another day to meet you".
My mother looked annoyed. "What! I can't even talk to the girl one day who will become my daughter - in - law ?"

I panicked. Daughter- in- law? Did she seriously accepted her soon? This was not my mom's usual behavior. Should I give her the number?

"Are you going to invite her here?". I didn't want her to see jasmine. Only god knows what will happen if they met. And I was not eager to find out about it.

" Now, Now... why would I do something like that? I don't want to spoil our fun. Don't worry I'm going to do that. I just need to talk with her. Now give me the number and have some fun".

Still hesitsting I gave her Anisa's number. I know she'll keep on nagging until I give it. Then I heard the girls coming down.
"We are ready for the beach!! Beach! Be ready to recive us! Oh and Hisham said he will meet us there".

Hilma squealed like a little girl. these moments makes me feel sorry for Hisham. And Some times I wonder whether she's actually 24 year old adult or a 12 year old kid. But I guess that's not my problem because after all he chosed Hilma. Let him suffer through his choice.

Jasmine smiled at me. I gave her a small smile since I didn't want to look like a selfish person who keeps the old grudges still.

" Ok children, get out of here and have some fun!".

"But aunty , why aren't you coming?" Jasmin asked, clearly baffled .
My mother threw a pointed look before replying.
" I have to make some calls dear. I'll come and join you'll soon".

While I was leaving with the girls , I turned back, to see my mum had already began to talk with Anisa. She had a smile on her face. I hope that both of them will like each other enough to meet one day . But even though sometimes I disagree with my mom, I always know that she will take a right decision. I took a deep breath, inhaling the salty air while my eyes skimmed around me. I felt as if a heavy burden was lift from my heart.

-------------

don't forget to leave a comment and a vote ;) have a nice day