TORN TO P I E C E S 11

I M S H A D ''Jasmine! what the hell!
What are you doing here?I thought you were abroad..."
My eyes refused to believe that the nightmare has actually become a reality and standing in front of me. Shock wasn't the proper word to describe my feelings. My feelings was more weighted on being annoyed. So she was the so called 'cousin' my mom mentioned. What a way to introduce. The last time I saw her, was two years ago at the airport. I was pleading with her not to leave me but she was determined to go. Eventually I was able to forget her . The mere memory of her was enough to irritate me. I layed my pride aside to beg and yet she left, and she ignored my calls and messages which led me to think that she may have found someone over there. Both our fathers were very successful businessmen in the country and were best friends . And that made us best friends too ,and later it turned out to a relationship. (at least for me, seemed like I was the only one who was committed)

"Hey, back to earth Imshad. And its nice to see you again. You have become more handsome than I remember."
She said with a wink. I ignored her. My mother and sister was behind her, laughing hysterically. They seem to be totally fine about what she did and the fact that she is back again to ruin my life.

"Well, Well... looks like the Prince has lost his voice after seeing the princess mum".

princesse? The women who calls herself as my sister is completely out of her mind. I glared at my Sister.She has always been fond of Jasmin and always used the opportunity to embarrass me in front of her.

"Imshad dear, when are you going to invite us in?"
My mother asked with a smile. I quickly mumbled an apology for making them stand out side and let them in.
"Hmm... you have kept your flat a lot more cleaner than I've expected". my mother said while observing the surrounding. I rolled my eyes. I'm not a neat freak, but I liked to keep my things clean.

Hilma clapped her hands.

" Ok, now where are we going dear brother?"

" Do we have to? I can't remember promising anything.." I asked with a loud groan.

" Oh yes we need to brother. Come on! Don't be a brat! Jasmin as come after a long time. This is the way you welcome her? And why would I bother coming here?"

I thought for a moment. The sooner I found a solution the better.
" Fine! There is a beautiful resort which was build recently near the beach. We can have our lunch and spend the day in the beach."
" Now that's totally awesome!" Hilma exclaimed with a jump. I'll tell hisham to meet us there. Give me the address."
I gave the address and she left. My mother went after her to bug her son-in- law. did I mention that she is totally head over heels for my brother-in -law? It's a well known fact that from whom Hilma got this crazy personality. I was more like my dad with a serious yet chilling attitude. I wasn't aware that me and Jasmine were the only ones left in the room for a while . All at once uncomfortable silence was upon us after I realized it. I couldn't believe the amount I've changed. The hesitation I feel to talk with her was not something I was used to. I was no longer the teenage guy who fell head over heels for her.

Jasmin cleared her throat.
"So how are you doing Imsad? I know I shouldn't have gone, but I wanted to continue my studies. I don't know about you Imshad, But I wanted to tell you this. I had a couple of boyfriends, but none of them came closer than you".

Great, that made me even more uncomfortable. I didn't know what i'm suppose to think or feel about it. At first, all I wanted to say was " I don't care Jasmine. You didn't even bother to contact me..."
but I kept my thoughts to myself At that precious moment Anisa pooped into my mind. I felt a total hurricane is going through my head. I turned away to avoid her face which led her to let out a deep sigh .Thank god Hilma saved me by coming into the hall squealing with my mother behind her , also grinning .

'' So what are we waiting for? lets go!"

************

we arrived at the resort within half and hour. as soon as we came , we ordered our lunch. while we were eating it was like old time. Hilma was telling some stupid stories that happened when she went out with Hisham which made us laugh so hard that it almost made me forget about everything including Anisa. It was good to be back with my family.
After having our lunch, both Hilma and Jasmine went to get ready for the beach. I still didn't understand why girls need to prepare even for a bath. last time when I asked about this from Hilma, I received a one hour lecture about it and and finally led to a headache as a result. I kept on looking out through the window when my mom spoke suddenly. Her whole face was shining with excitement but her eyes showed a hint of bitterness.
'' All these years I had a doubt about this, and I know how much you went through. But... but today finally it made more sense...''

Her words made me turn around .

''What did you mean mom? I didn't get you... Well I know you must be upset because it has been a long time since I spend some time with you, but I promise that I will make up to you after all the study chaos''.

My mother let out a deep chuckle.
" Oh no dear, I didn't mean that. I know you well Imshad and how much you care about us. And I know you will agree to my proposition".

" What is it mom?"

This time, my heart was filled with a sudden dismay. As if her next words would change my whole life. My whole world And sadly, it did.

'' Imshad , I think you should marry Jasmine...''

--------------

don't forget to vote and comment ;)