TORN TO P I E C E S 16

I M S H A D

I can't believe I'm saying this but the day I thought would be hopeless turned out to be one of the most amazing day in my life. It was past mid night when we returned. My mother and sister spend the night in my apartment while Jasmine went home. My mother wanted her to stay, but she refused. I was glad about it because my feelings are still confused about jasmine. And allowing her to stay one night in my homr? I'm sure it would not have helped with my confused feelings.

" Now that was a great day bro. I never thought I would say this, but thanks. Maybe we should hang out more often."

Hilma said while we were preparing breakfast next morning. This was a routine for us. If both of us are at home, mom would make us to do breakfast, lunch or dinner. So unlike many guys in my age, I've become comfortable around the kitchen, better than my sister.

I threw a spoon which narrowly missed her and landed on the sink.

" Don't get any idea sister. Just because I had to take you'll yesterday won't mean that I have to do it often. But if I'm been honest, I really enjoyed yesterday. By the way why can't you show your utmost gratitude by preparing a breakfast? By your self ?"
She let out a loud chuckle and threw a dish wiper at me. I calmly stood on my place knowing that she has a bad aim and sloppy fingers. As I predicated it flew over my head and smacked my mom's face who was just entering.

" Hilma! How many times I told you never throw stuffs at people? You are not a child anymore to teach how you are supposed to behave!"

" But mom. It was not my fault. Imshad started it first." She said with a pout hoping to get away . I smirked because I know exactly what would mom say. "You are always blaming him when you did something wrong. Imshad is more mature compared to you. Now hurry up with that breakfast because I'm starving''.

Hilma glared at us.
" Of course you would support him. Yeah, he will always be your golden boy. I'm your child too mum. How many times I've to remind it?"

Mom smiled to herself while shaking her head at Hilma's stupidity.

" So mom. What happened? Are you OK with Anisa?"

Suddenly she looked rather uncomfortable.
" About that Imshad-"
Hilma jumped into the middle of the conversation.

" Who's ANISA? Imshad's new girl?
Anyway no problem as long as she's good with fashion and makeups. I don't care who she is. And Imshad owe me a explanation. Oh my gosh! wait mom, who was that girl ? I saw both of you were talking in the beach..."

I looked at my mum.
" What girl is she talking about ?".

Still mom was avoiding my gaze .
" Listen Imshad, I did it for you. I didn't want you to regret later in life".

This time I made her look at me.
"What. Did. you. mean . mom?"
Finally she let out a long breath and looked at me.
" She was Anisa. I called her to come and meet me at the resort. I thought it would be better IF She saw how you were having fun. Then she might leave the idea of loving you. I think I made her realize that she didn't deserve you".

"What have you done mom! How could you do such a thing? You said you were only going to talk!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I quickly gave a call to Anisa. But the line was busy, maybe she is ignoring me. I tried again. Finally after about 5 called she picked up. " Anisa?" I was breathless. But the voice from the other end made my head spin.
"Oh Imshad, we were wondering why you didn't call. Having fun with another girl?"

" Who the hell are you?" I tried my best to calm down but it didn't work.
" Oh you can't recognize me? No wonder since the last time we met was pretty hectic . Well it's not a big deal compared to what you have done to Anisa!"

I felt as The whole world came to a stop.
"What ... What did you mean I've done something to her?What's wrong with Anisa?"
The voice from the other side growled .

" Don't pretend to be the victim here. We all know you are the reason for this. To tell you ,nothing bad. Except she was met with a accident last night and lying in a bed with her head in a bandage and still unconscious".

The phone fell from my hand. I was slightly aware that Mom and Hilma was shaking me while calling my name.
My whole body was numb. Suddenly I felt some kind of electrical shock go through my body. Quickly I got up and ran out side leaving mom and Hilma screaming behind.
************

I quickly got out from the taxi and ran inside. I asked the reception for her room and ran without even stopping for a breath. I opened the door and bust into to the room. Two men's and two girls stared at me. Crap. This was a bad timing. I thought of turning back but then on of her monster friend spoke.

" Imshad! Came to visit Anisa?"
I thought of replying no I was searching for the toilet and accidentally came here but kept my mouth shut wisely because , those two men looked like they were ready to kill me. Specially the bit older looking guy. Well if a random guy burst in to your daughter's hospital room this will be the reaction of anyone.

" Who are you and how do you know my sister?" The tall guy asked from me while the other one observed me silently. Oh my god! Imshad, you are totally screwed ...
Well ,sometimes weird thoughts do cross my mind. Specially when I'm facing and crappy situation like this. I cleared my throat to give a lie, but then the other girl spoke. " Oh let me introduce. This is Imshad , the boy Anisa was loving, and I believe he might know the reason behind this accident".
Both men gave me a 101% evil glare.

" Is that true? You were the reason for this?"

The good thing was both of them seem to forgot the boyfriend fact. But the bad thing was they thought I'm the reason for it. Before I could realize what was going to happen,her brother grabbed my throat .

***********************

hi everyone. CLIFF HANGER! don't forget to leave a vote and a comment :) BTW, who do you think the caller was ???/ :P