TORN TO P I E C E S 9

R A H M A

I switched off the TV feeling the usual irritation bubbling inside me. I felt as I'm being sucked down into a bottomless dark hole. Next to me sat Ilma, munching chips and singing to herself. How can she be so calm when I'm freaking here? I wanted to slap her with the pillow, yet I didn't even have the streangh to life one. It was a typical Saturday morning and we were at my home, watching some random movie.

"Why did you off it?it was the best moment! Now we will never know why they FOUGHT!"

I rolled my eyes, too tired to even snap back her.
" Whatever, anyway you were busy eating than watching..."

Everything felt really off after the incident with Anisa. Both of our eyes were red due to lack of sleep. The poor channels had to pay off for my frustration while the poor chips bag had to pay off behalf of Ilma.

" CALM DOWN! Okay how about we get something to eat? I saw a restaurant opened and I want to try out the food in it..."

Did I mentioned that Ilma has eagles eyes when it comes to food? Also for new restaurant. She'd never give up until she tried them. She simply adore food.

" Yah, that's a good idea. Wait I'll ask from mum. Since it's closer she might allow us"

As I hoped my mom allowed us. But mostly it's due to the fact that She has been worried about me. Also she has beem asking about Anisa. What can I say? I can't tell her the truth Because I'm afraid to find which way it will turn out. So I just told her she was busy with school works...
*********
We were silent, each one deeply absorbed in their own thoughts. But the fresh morning air made me feel almost better. We went in and gave our orders. We heard a girl laughing. At least some people are happy, I thought to my self.

I was staring at the television absetmindly when at once Ilma spoke as if she got stuck by a lightning.

"You got to be kidding me right now..."

I turned, feeling perplexed. Then on cue as if she heard it, The girl turned her face to us.

Time slowed down. Once again I Felt as I've been sucked in a black hole. Soon my shock was replaced by anger . I grabbed Ilma and walked to the table were they were sited.

"Well, well I bet you two must be the friends Anisa mentioned. I'm sorry because I can't say nice to meet you'll at this moment". Arrogance Shone through his face as he greeted us ( more liked ill wished us) . Those words made me wanted to punch his face . Ilma's face had the same expression , mixed with disgust and anger.

Ignoring him, I turned to Anisa who seem to be avoiding our eyes.

"What's the meaning of this Anisa? Did it ever occurred to you that how much we were worried about you? You never answered our calls! All because of this? And you had a nerve to do this after we told you about haram relationships?"
Imshad let out a fake yawn.
" Blah blah blah... Girl's, get a grip. This is 21 century. And you'll are making me bored to death. Why can't you'll be more charming and interesting like Anisa? Unfortunately, I will have to ask you'll to leave because we are in a middle of a date. Hope we could catch up next time".

Ilma clenched her jaws.
" We were talking to her, not to you Mr Imshad. Mind your own business , jerk" Imshad stood up letting the chair to fall. The sound ecord through the place,leaving a ringing silence.

"She's my girlfriend and you are the ones who's disturbing us. We were having a great time until you guys decided to butt in. So it should be me who should tell you'll to mind your own business. Now leave us alone before you regret ever coming here".

Ilma smirked.
" Wow Imshad , using threats now? What are you gonna do? Hit us? Go ahead, if that's what makes you feel great..."

Imshad growled reminding me of the wolf growl in twilight. My mind do keep coming out with weird imagination when I'm in a stressful situation. He raised his hand as if to slap Ilma . Before I could realize what's about to happen Anisa yelled.

"STOP THIS! ALL THREE OF YOU !"

Imhad let his hand fall down and Ilma stared at her. Anisa looked straight in to my eyes.

" Stop acting like a bomb blasted Rahma, Ilma. Do I need to get your permission for everything? This was my first date. It was supposed to be amazing, unforgettable. And you'll managed to ruin my day. Again. Remember one thing, this is my life. I decide who should be in my life and I don't need your help or advice. Leave me alone. Please allow me to live my life as I wish"

Before her words sink in to my mind she turned to Imshad.

" Are you out of your mind? What were you thinking? Trying to hit a girl?. You would have caused so much trouble..."

Imshad glared at her.
" Now you are talking , so I'm the bad guy now? you thought I was out of my mind when i tried to teach a lesson to that girl? I don't take any s*** from anyone, specially not from a girl. I'm the one who deserve a slap for believing that you must be different than other girls. Thanks for making me realize you are not. Go hang out with your precious friends".

With that he left, leaving us in utter shock. Did he really mean what he said?
"Wait! Imshad! I'm sorry darling! omg! I didn't mean anything like that! Don't get it wrong!!!"
Anisa screamed after him. But it was no use since he already left.
I grabbed Anisa by her shoulder but she shrugged away with glare.

" Thanks a lot Rahma, how could you do this to me? What's wrong with you'll ? Why do you'll have to ruin everything? . I thought you'll were my best friends."
with that she left quietly sobbing to herself.
With a a heavier heart I turned back and saw the waiter and the owner staring with their jaws hanging. When they caught my eyes they hastily turned other side. I was glad no one was witness to hear it in the cafe except them. And also the fact that they seem to be new to this town. I hope they won't start gossiping about a crazy guy and some crazy girls having a fight on their first day in business with the custermers. We got our foods packed and left.