TORN TO P I E C E S 33

Imshad

As soon as I came home, I had to face a billion hugs and kisses from my mom and a lecture about whom should I date from Hilma

I was afraid about the questions I will have to answer, but to my surprise there were none. Probably Zaid must have build up a good story for them.

"How dare they name you as a criminal?
We are the most respectable people around here. We have to something about
this."
Mom exclaimed in anger. I let out a deep sign.

" There's no need to do anything mom. They were doing their duty. Plus the only outside person Anisa had contact in past couple of months was me. And-"

" I'm glad you dumped that girl. She ruined our family first, and now our reputation and peace. I don't know how I'm suppose to avoid our neighbour's question. "
I was too pissed to answer. But I kept my mouth shut. And I was feeling really guilty because I couldn't explain them that none of this was her fault but mine and jasmine. I was so occupied with my thoughts that I barely heard what she was saying.

"... We have so much work to do Before the engagement. We can't let that stupid girl ruin our happiness again."
That's it. I had enough. I looked at her with a firm glare.

"Mom... Let the engagement wait. I'm not in a mood for it. I just need more time. So no need to rush."

Both were taken aback by my reply.
"But Daring I-"
before mom could finish it , I ran my room and locked my self inside. I know it sound cowardly, but I couldn't help it. One more suggesting from them about the engagement ; I'll lose my patience. I will have to explain later.I'm sure it will be like a bomb exploded, all my moms dreams and Hilma's long lasting friendship will be ruined. But it has to be done. I'll let them to be in the darkness for now.

Then my thoughts drifted towards Jasmine. I still felt like I'm in a denial. I've not recovered from my shock completely. But I should have guessed it by The weird way she has been acting the past few days. I should have seen it. But I've been too blind and too trustworthy to see it. I was already been let down by Anisa. And being let down by Jasmine was too much for me. Jasmine has been hiding about her lover from me, Anisa being kidnapped by him...
None of this makes any sense.
Why would this Shazim guy goes and kidnapped Anisa? OK maybe he wanted to hurt me, but why didn't he hurt me directly? Why would he go such a Length for such a simple thing?maybe...
Maybe I've underestimate him, just like he have underestimate me.